Wednesday, August 4, 2010

I'm kind of in love.

I must be a shut in.

I can't remember enjoying a long summer day in a long, long time.

And consequently, my camera hasn't moved away from my eye much these last few weeks.

I had no idea a summer thunderstorm would make for such an interesting look,

for example.

(also didn't know that a sudden hailstorm raining Rolo-sized chunks hurt like that either).

Finally got a chance to really try sunflare at sunset.

Am I doing it right? Probably not. I'm not a photographer. Never will be.

And ya know, I found out my lens was like, totally nasty dirty by shooting the sky.


But dang, this is some fun stuff.

And again, I say,

Happy Summer. Maybe if we don't run out of popsicles it'll last longer.

13 comments:

Emily said...

I think you are a photographer. I love the pictures you take!

Lori @ In Pursuit of Martha Points said...

Either you're doing sunflare just right, or we're both doing it way wrong.

I'm going to go with us being right.

I'll feel better about the world.

And I will sleep tonight.

Celebrating our awesomeness.

Tracy's Trinkets and Treasures said...

I think you are a photographer too. Thanks for my dose of inspiration to take good pics.

Lori said...

Your daughter digging, so cute.

Pressed Petals said...

i love your photos...you are a photographer and your sunflares look great! hope your daughter's rash is gone.

WhettenWild said...

Love the pictures. Miss your kiddos!

Can't we have summer for at least half the year?

dena4kids said...

Summer is AWESOME! Cute pics!

Rebecca D said...

I love your photos... they frequently inspire me...

Leca said...

Those are awesome pictures! I love the sun flare. The temple picture is super inspiring. Nice work!

Spencer & Lorilyn Crum said...

Right after I read this, the song "Summer Lovin" from Grease popped into my head.

Spencer & Lorilyn Crum said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Teri said...

I ADORE your photos, Mandi! You're super talented!! Love that sunflare - I have no idea if you're doing it right, but it looks fab!

Kate (Little Beach Bum) said...

Mandi, I think you have the cutest kids I have ever seen. My goodness they are ADORABLE!