Sunday, August 22, 2010

I carried a watermelon.

("I carried a watermelon??")

I'm waxing philisophical this afternoon--

(I'm hoping my sister in law forgives me for this too-good-to-pass-up picture)
coming to grips that school is here for my oldest two lil buttmunches,

and so, in a way, summer is over on thee ole Tremayne country farm.

But you can safely assume,

that I welcome the sun and the warmth indefinitely,

I'll be wearing flip flops for at least another 4 months,

and that I said it before and I'll say it again:

snow can suck it, thankyouverymuch.


And finally,

-4 bags of popsicles later,
-1 Lemonade stand,
-One trip to Lagoon and one to the carnival,
-Multiple trips to the pool, a bowling trip, multiple cousin sleepovers, fireworks, late nights, water-logged diapers, fights over the hose, masses of water balloons, sprinklers, and sweaty bodies,

I think we completed our entire "summer" list.

First list I might ever completed, daggone it.

10 comments:

gina3 said...

"I carried a watermelon" (I love that movie). It's so funny because we have been in sweltering heat and look forward to cooler temps; they can't get here fast enough. Since you're handy and your two older ones are heading back to school, you should check out my neighbor's latest blog post for the coolest "first day of school" teacher gifts. It's so cute. (Macchio family...it's in my blogroll). Have a great school year!

Layne Bushell said...

Yeah for you! I'm impressed you finished a list. I did no such thing. I just dont write them...then I don't have to finish them! Love the pics as usual!

Lori said...

So great. Enjoy the school year and don't wear your flip flops on ice.

Heidi@TheCraftMonkey said...

i know you think the snow can suck it, but we don't get snow here, and it's hot as heck! bring on winter!

P.S. I Love that the summer to do list written by the kiddo looks a lot like subway art!

Taylor Family said...

Mandi, you are hilarious and witty. What a fun blog to read. Now don't go reading mine, its like 2 years behind..almost, and not at all fun to read. : ) With your permission I will add you to my list of blogs to follow. Come to think of it, thats why mine is so far behind. I'm too busy reading others and not writing on mine. I think if I had half the writing talent as you, maybe, it might be a good one and I would actually write. Enjoy your lessons in RS : )

Teri said...

Love this. You are building such awesome memories with your kids! You asked about the restaurant-on-water - if you ever get to go to Nanaimo on Vancouver Island, you have to go to the Dinghy Dock pub (http://www.dinghydockpub.com/). It's across from the harbour in Nanaimo on a little island - so fun! :) The food was pretty good but the experience of having dinner in a nautical-themed dock-restaurant was really the best part. :)

WhettenWild said...

I wish we still had a couple of months left of summer. I'm so sad the kids are going back to school. Glad you got to do so many fun things. Thanks for taking my kids along to half of them!

Emily said...

That is such a cute idea to have your kids make a list of what they want to do.

dena4kids said...

I am so sad summer is over. sigh. No more sleeping in...

Rebecca D said...

My husband decided to drain the pool today... I guess summer really is over...