Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Best member of the family.

Imagine, if you will, the state of my sink when my beloved garbage disposal died.

Regurgitations of soggy fruit loops and bean with bacon soup and a nasty ring around the sink.
(not pictured. I do have some self respect).
My Daddy-o checked it out and gave me the bad news that he thought the bearings were shot.

This is a major disaster-catastrophe. I hold my disposal close to my heart.

So, when Jeff was on his way out the door to the hardware store for a new one, I shouted,

"Get the industrial-sized one! THE INDUSTRIAL ONE!"

And so he did.

Ho, man, I love this thing. I would kiss it if I didn't have to crane my neck. And if that weren't really, really odd.

It's so quiet I forgot to turn it off once.

And most importantly, it's tough.

What?? It's diet.

And now I can dump to my heart's content.

That didn't sound right.

15 comments:

Teri said...

Oh my gosh, can you really put a CAN down that thing? That IS industrial strength. I miss having a garbage disposal! Sooo convenient! I'm just happy I'm not still in an apartment with a single kitchen sink - useless! Double is sooo much better.

chris w said...

I am right there with you! It's things like a good disposal that make life worth living. :)

Krista @ Craving Some Creativity said...

I think I have to see it for myself that it can really handle all that!!! Crazy:) Looks like some good entertainment though! I'm aiming for a dishwasher in our next move first though:)
Ps. no belly to see yet, I swear!

Emily said...

I love that you really tested that thing out! You have to know where you stand with your garbage disposal. Can it handle it or not??

Spencer & Lorilyn Crum said...

Ahhhhh! Jealous! The house we moved into has a broken garbage disposal and Spendy won't let me get a new one!

He says we will compost instead. We've been there two months and we still have no compost and one smelly garbage can.

dena4kids said...

WHAT IN THE WORLD??!! Dude that is AWESOME! That makes me want to come over and shove stuff down your drain.(OK Now that does't sound right!=)

Creative Decor by Brooke said...

Holy crap, I need that. That is a serious problem when your disposal breaks. When you get used to having one you can't do without it.
Glad you are back in business.
Brooke

Lori said...

Quiet really? My kitchen faces the den and everyone always rolls their eyes when I turn ours on.

Didn't know they made quiet ones, maybe I'll have to break mine.

Heidi@TheCraftMonkey said...

i think you are the funniest blog i read! you always make me laugh, love the whole potato, {diet} soda and can, too funny!

Layne Bushell said...

mandi there is no response. you are the coolest person I know...no really...the coolest & funniest!

Lori @ In Pursuit of Martha Points said...

Oh I have SO MUCH envy!

HImself crammed a bunch of potato peels down ours once and the rattling shook a pipe loose and the kitchen flooded.

I did not find this funny.

At the time.

WhettenWild said...

LOL! I need an awesome disposal like that. =)

Candice said...

You are so funny! :)

1 Funky Woman said...

Darn I wish there was sound so I could hear that can and bottle get all eaten up!

Rebecca D said...

dump on girl... dump on...