Thursday, July 22, 2010

So much to say, so little brain.

Aahhhhh, summer. How I love thee. Long days filled with so much to do and to talk about--

like cousins visiting for a month. Swimming, fireworks, carousels, massive amounts of treats, games, sleepovers, and good times. . . And someone forgets to take pictures, the whole.dang.month.

Except for crappy, crappy cell phone pics.


I hate cell phone pics.

I mean, geez-- this bowling session alone was worthy of a blog post. AND a really long video, it was so hysterical.

Particularly this 5 year old, whose bowling ball took a good 60 seconds to get down to the pins, and she didn't care; she was too busy doing her victory dance to even watch.

These are the days. And I have nothing to show for it but these grainy, pasty pictures.

And I'd love to go on and on,

like about what my husband is doing to our bedroom wall,

or how I am getting one step closer to my quest to frame in our windows and I'll be finishing this up today,

BUT-

but-

but,

I have three little naked boys to dress, (What??? It's only 11:00 am)

and to take to the pool.
I've got one almost-one-year-old to follow around with my camera

'cause that's what I do to cope with her not-so-baby-ness. It's part of my mental situation.

(don't cry don't cry don't cry)

Got a stack of books to read,


and I've just been informed that a certain 2 year old just used my dish brush to scrub out the toilet.
(please remind me to buy a new one, thankyouverymuch).

But that's summer for ya.

You too?

16 comments:

Carisa Knox said...

I've missed your blog. I've missed blogging but I miss your blog more. Glad your summer is going well!

Spencer & Lorilyn Crum said...

WHAT?!?! You like fantasy/magic books too?

Totally BFF.

Baby picture = adorable

AM from White House, Black Shutters said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

LOOVE your window frames. Pics are nice, but so is living and enjoying the time rather than worrying about capturing the fact that you enjoyed it. ;)

Glad you're having a great summer!

Andrea said...

too funny. can't wait to see the finished product of your bedroom. my decorating projects are so not happening, wish i had your management skills or energy or something, cause girl i never get done as much as you do!

Tracy's Trinkets and Treasures said...

Yippeee....got to see some good pics of your kiddos. I like your window too!

Doll Clothes Gal Pal said...

Looking good with that room! Can't wait to see if it is finished! Loving the baby pics! :)

Creative Decor by Brooke said...

Crazy summer! Love the molding around the windows. But most of all I love the pic of your baby in the sink. Hilarious!
Happy summer to you.
Brooke

Layne Bushell said...

So your stack of books caught my eye...do share if they're awesome and worth reading! Always looking for new ones!

littlebeachbum said...

Based on your pictures, I seriously think you have the most happy-go-lucky kids ever. Just look at the pic in the sink! Happiest baby EVER! Completely adorable.

Emily said...

I love the picture of McKenna in the sink. That is just way too cute. I love the one where she is messy too!
I hope you love the books. I did. they are my favorite books (after Twilight of course.) I love everything by Maria V Snyder so I have more when you are done with those. Ü

Lori @ In Pursuit of Martha Points said...

Summer here now means that the teenagers sleep until noon.

So, we typically don't see them before we leave the house.

And then they're up WAAAAYYY longer than we are.

That's summer with teenagers.

I want YOUR summer.

littlebeachbum said...

P.S. So Mandi you know how P-Dub's new contest is for WATER pictures? I really think you should submit the one of Mckenna in the sink!! As soon as she posted that topic I thought about your picture!

Rebecca D said...

Let us know how the books are...

PS.. get a new dish brush (& maybe a spare too!!)

gina3 said...

Do you make your kids wear blue contacts in their eyes? Some of the bluest blue I've ever seen. Oh, you can come frame my windows when you're finished with yours :)

Leca said...

That sink picture is the cutest EVER! I love how happy she is! Priceless!

P.S. buy a new kitchen brush

Teri said...

Busy busy busy here, too. Love this chronicle of your summer! PS: Buy a new dish brush!