Thursday, July 15, 2010

S-A-T-U-R, D-A-Y, HEY!

I like the night life. I like to boogie.

In a um, 30 year old mother who has 4 children, bedtime is at 9:00 kind of way.

So I guess I'm telling you I party lame.

Now, my fam is used to my oddity. They all know by now that thee um, elevator doesn't reach the top. One twist short of a slinky. Eats soup with a fork. Lost contact with the mothership. Has a full six-pack, but lacks the plastic thingy that holds them all together.

And so forth and so on.

So they're not really surprised when I spring a new, odd "let's hang out!" weekend idea upon them.

Take the aforementioned bevi tasting event.

You know, where we taste-tested cola drinks and picked our faves?

Yee-ah. Also did it with chocolate once.

These are very scientific, let me assure you.

I've also dragged them out of their homes for . . .

Hot chocolate night,

(drink until you know you're gonna wet your bed later)
"Christmas preview",

"Favorite Christmas treats" night,

And the cheese tasting event.


Most importantly, different kinds of bevi's must always be served.

Huh, are these all centered around food? Does she have an eating problem or what?

Oh, and let's not forget the latest extended family gathering,


(phew, one without food!)


dubbed "Dinner & Dress Up", which only consisted of eating,
(oh, never mind)
and packing on all of Gramma's jewelry. She really loves to collect jewelry, see. We just like to try it on.



And because I stopped snapping pics so that my family would think me only slightly less bizarre, I musn't leave out:

-Fondue night (note to self: 2 pots are needed for 8 people)
-Game night (this has been divided to card, board, and party games' night)
-Movie night
-Appetizer 'n Comedy show night
-7 Course Dinner night (in the works)


And many other oddities I can't quite remember. Now who wants to come party like a rocksta lame-o with us? And I can always use a few more ideas. Or "Knitting Night" is next.

16 comments:

dena4kids said...

LOL! "Knitting night" could be fun Mandi style! Something like everyone sits in a circle and every 5 min. you pass your knitting to the right, so everyone knits on everyones project.(heehee that sounds like you.)Of course there would be some yummy food!

Creative Decor by Brooke said...

I appreciate those of you with an imagination who come up with these parties and then invite me. The knitting one sounds especially fun.? I bet your family love you, even with your little oddities. Ha.
Have a great one.
Brooke

Emily said...

I would love to come party like a rock star with you. Those are fun ideas for parties!

Spencer & Lorilyn Crum said...

I'm not sure if these are really awesome ideas, or really stupid ideas, but there are parties I've always wanted to have: Come as your Favorite Explorer!(Bonus points if it's not Christopher Columbus or Marco Polo!), A Fancy Pants Party - Wear your fanciest pants! (I imagine myself in MC Hammer pants or sequence pants at this one)

Janelle Bartlome said...

Imust have a problem too. We did a ice cream tasting with my kids and we had to guess which kind is which. I covered the boxes in "not as pretty as Mandi's" paper. And I even got some wrong.

Anyway, I am so up for the knitting party.

Layne Bushell said...

So did not know that IBC makes a cherry limeade. In which store is that located? Must go on a hunt for it tonight...if that tells you anything about what friday nights are like around this house!

1 Funky Woman said...

You are so goofy, why can't we live closer? I wanna hang out! I love the jewelry, dinner and dress up sounds great! So did you have Eminem playing?

1 Funky Woman said...

I just gave you an award today, hop on over and see for yourself!

Dede said...

I think it sounds awesome! Maybe that's cause I, too, tend to be a bit of a lame-o....and thanks for your comment, the "balance" thing on facebook initially ticked me off, then I decided to try and have a good attitude about it.:-)

I wanna come partay with you...

Anny said...

Your family sounds like so much fun :)

Lori @ In Pursuit of Martha Points said...

Grown-up dress-up parties!

I love that! I want one! I want to go to one!

I don't want to host anything myself right now, cause my house and yard are trashed. Damned demo work.

But I would SO go to a grown-up dress-up party.

WhettenWild said...

Your parties always rock! Thanks for entertaining us for the past month.
We miss you guys already!

Leca said...

Those parties sound stinkin' awesome! I'm all about some goooood food to make a fun night. I love doing a cookout with my family. We also do an horsedevor (I can never spell that word) night. It's a real hit. I think I'm going to steal some of your ideas for our next party.

I Am Momma - Hear Me Roar said...

So fun! Can I come? You guys are a lot more exciting than we are. Really.

AM from White House, Black Shutters said...

Can you adopt me? Or us adopt you? We need fun, themed parties in our life. I'm bookmarking this post...

And I seriously feel like a kid in a candy shop when I come here after I've been away for a while. I want to comment on every single post!!

Teri said...

Your house sounds like so much fun! I am a totally lame hostess - no creativity and invariably too concerned about forgetting to fill someone's drink to have a relaxing time. I am jealous, girl! I'll come over any time! :)