Thursday, June 17, 2010

10-4, over and out.


There's a few things I'd like you to know about today, 10 years ago.

-I would love to rip that veil off and let that hair just be free, man.

-At out ceremony, my gramma's skirt dropped to her ankles. In front of everyone. And she had no idea. And my mother yanked it back up for her. Since I missed it, I couldn't figure out why everyone was red-faced and snickering.

-If it were my skirt at my ankles, I'd have gone home right then and there, crying all the way home. My gramma didn't give a hoot. Her response? "Well I couldn't let Mandi have all the attention." Now that's a sport.

-The above picture was my first "meet the family" (and I mean the whole family, as it was an extended family Christmas party) date. Since they'd finally met me, they could no longer call me by nickname: "The Phantom Menace". Seriously.

("Rydell High. Rydell. . . forever. Bon voyage.")

-The dinner menu at our reception contained spicy chicken or barbeque pork. So, what'll you have? Chicken or Pork?


-My dress was so tight I thought was going to pass out during the ceremony. I popped a button off by the end of the night. And dang, could I breathe better after.


-There are about 50 Japanese tourists with paa-lenty of snapshots of us, all cheesed out for post-wedding pictures. (Yes, the wedding ring-fingered hands on the doorknob and everything. If you have ever lived in Utah, then you know).

-I swore I would not do the cake eating/shove it in your face thing. I also swore I would not wear a garter. I stuck to my guns with the latter, but did the former.

-Here we are today, 10 years later-- a little bit older, greyer, and fatter. Maybe a little wiser, too. Maybe.

27 comments:

Lori @ In Pursuit of Martha Points said...

Oh how lovely!

And breathing on your wedding day, totally overrated!

Happy anniversary you two!!

Trina said...

Happy Anniversary! I've never met your grandma, but I think she's one of the coolest people ever.

La TempĂȘte said...

You little cuties!

gina3 said...

Happy Anniversary. You look even happier today. Wow, if one of your sons look like that when they get older, you will have lots of phantom menaces of your own to fend off. Handsome hubby!!!!

Carisa Knox said...

Happy anniversary! Hopefully you will do something fun this weekend!

Layne Bushell said...

Happy Anniversary Lady! Here's to another 10!

Amanda said...

Yay for 10! My #10 comes up in September.

Happy anniversary!

(The first time my husband took me to meet his Grandparents, his grandma was so embarrassed, the first thing she said was, "Oh, and I'm not even wearing a bra, today!" I will seriously never forget that.)

chris w said...

Awwww, Happy Anniversary!

1 Funky Woman said...

Very sweet! I love your Rydell High picture too funny!

Happy Anniversary to you both!

Oh and by the way no smelly leg over here. A little hairy and plenty veiny but not smelly! Aren't you glad! Hey he was a boy, of course he was smelly, they all are!

Dede said...

Hooray!!! Congratulations on the big 10! Such gorgeous pictures, so many fun memories. Thank you for sharing those with us!!!

Leca said...

Awww! So cute! Those are some great pictures! Happy 10th-- I think that means a super swanky vacation or something right?

Joanna Taylor said...

Happy 10 years you two! Isn't life wonderful?

littlebeachbum said...

Beautiful! Love that last photo...and all the ones before it are pretty stinkin' cute, too!

Happy anniversary :)

Spencer & Lorilyn Crum said...

Adorable. And your husband looks like Clark Kent in your wedding photo.

My dress busted too, the strap broke when I was hugging my husband's mom. Oopsies. We just had to do an emergency sew job in the bathroom which resulted in my mom bleeding on my dress. Good times.

Anyway, happy 10 years, that's totally awesome.

Spencer & Lorilyn Crum said...

Adorable. And your husband looks like Clark Kent in your wedding photo.

My dress busted too, the strap broke when I was hugging my husband's mom. Oopsies. We just had to do an emergency sew job in the bathroom which resulted in my mom bleeding on my dress. Good times.

Anyway, happy 10 years, that's totally awesome.

Creative Decor by Brooke said...

Wow, ten years. Way to go. You make a cute couple and have darling kids. Alot to be grateful for hu? Congrats.
Brooke

Emily said...

Happy Anniversary! Ten years has gone by so fast. Those are cute pictures.

dena4kids said...

Good for you! You guys are so AWESOME!=)

WhettenWild said...

Happy Anniversary! That could NOT be one of the pictures I took. Did you have Dad take another one or something? By the way, Conal remembered the spicy chicken on our way to UTah and wanted to go get some. Fun times.

Miranda said...

Congratulations and Happy Anniversary!

Pressed Petals said...

Congrats! Good for you guys! Such fun and adorable photos! You guys look great!

Dede said...

You've been awarded a blog award! Check it out:
http://dedeland.blogspot.com/2010/06/versatile-blog-award.html

Have a great night!

Sue said...

Congratz on the 10. I love the now look best!
The meet the family shot is priceless! Could you look any more demure?

AM from White House, Black Shutters said...

10 years, woo hoo! I know I'm late, but happy anniversary!

Audra said...

Happy Be-LATED anniversary. Sorry, got caught up in the Diva's birthday extravaganza. Really. Four parties? Four gatherings?

You look wonderfully happy ten years later and just a gorgeous as you did on your wedding day.

Here's to many more happy, crazy, fun filled years.

Teri said...

Such awesome photos! Happy Anniversary, Mandi! :)

Anny said...

Thank you for sharing, what beautiful memories (fallen skirt and all)!