Sunday, May 2, 2010

Well that's going in my journal.

Imagine, if you will, my supreese, while coming home from church today, to find a pan on my doorstep.

Jeff: "Is that our pan?"
Me: (snort) "No- we don't own anything that nice."

There's a letter inside:

It's addressed to me? It's not a mistake?



So this letter--

this letter mentions my aforementioned craptacular pan.

Truly, it is a crime to cooking humanity.

And some kind soul took it upon themselves to buy me a new one. Not just a new one, a smokin' hot awesome pan.

So whoever you are who dropped this off to me, won't you tell me who you are?
'Cause I need to come rip off your shoes and kiss your feet.

Thanks for making my day. Nay, my week.

And imagine me cooking with this bad boy tomorrow with that same toothy grin.

16 comments:

gina3 said...

I'm speechless! That's awesome! What a cool mystery to solve. There's some amazing person out there!

Teri said...

That is freakin' awesome! I bet it'll cook like a dream. Your readers definitely appreciate you! :)

Kristi said...

Wow, awesome! But, how'd they know where you live?

Emily said...

that is awesome! That is a nice big pan. You will make something amazing I am sure.

Layne Bushell said...

Dang....I seriously wish I could say it was me that did that. I'm not that thoughtful. Sorry. Enjoy your pan! Lucky you!

WhettenWild said...

It was me. Just kidding! That's an awesome pan! I SO need one of those!

Sue said...

Lucky girl!

Miranda said...

Wow! How thoughtful! You'll have to share the first meal you cook in your spiffy new pan with the rest of us. Why? I don't know why. Maybe because I live vicariously through you? Just kidding. ;o) Enjoy your new pan!

Krista @ Craving Some Creativity said...

I love mysterious good Samaritans:) Have a great time trying it out!!

Dara said...

Funny, I saw that sitting on the stoop and thought, that is a nice one just sitting there!!

Hope you find out who it is, but I will guess Tiffany, she likes to do surprises like that...it is how we became friends.

Happy Cooking!

dena4kids said...

that is so nice! What a nice surprise!

1 Funky Woman said...

Oh hell, how cool is that! I hate cooking too, and I pretty much suck at it! I don't think even if I had the best pans in the world, I'd be any better! What's for dinner? Set an extra place for moi and I'll bring the wine!

chris w said...

Suh-WEET!

What a cool thing to do. Someone gets some major nice points.

Lori @ In Pursuit of Martha Points said...

Usually you have to leave a rusty old cast-iron frying pan on the house for the CookWare Fairy to come.

You got lucky. : )

Audra said...

That is Freekin! AMAZING! What a fairy godmother/father of cookery could have done this???? Flippin' Fabulous.

Anonymous said...

this was my first time that i have visited you article and it is awesome ..