Friday, May 14, 2010

My hubby's better than your hubby.

Not just because he didn't get totally livid with me for having to raise our pedestal sink an inch because we raised the floor when we tiled, and it didn't fit anymore.

Not just because he said "do whatever you want" in my craft room. (He said that, seriously).

Not just because when he is home, he can be found:

OR:

(psssst: he moves the furniture! Look-- he stacked the ottoman's over there! But you know, I. . . um, do that um, too . . .)

(Dude, he vacuumed the stairs today!)
And that he let me take this picture.

NO QUESTIONS ASKED. He's so used to my weirdo ways, he dropped his drawers, let me snap one pic and one pic only, had 'em back up before you could say "boxer briefs", and walked away.


But. BUT. He will not allow me to "Young Me Now Me" him.
Will.Not.

See, I had it all planned out. What shirt he was wearing-- everything.

These need to be reenacted.


Need. And he will have no part of it. Why? Is it the haircut? The holes in the knees?

The "I'm Satan's-little-helper" smile? Not sure.
Well, I'll keep trying. He'll crack. Puh-chhhh. (that's a whip crack sound).

17 comments:

Kristi said...

Haaa! He looks sneaky. So sweet of him to vacuum like that!

Kristi said...

I just went over the Young Me Now Me blog. It's hilarious! Thanks for pointing it out!

Tracy's Trinkets and Treasures said...

You did it again! I am laughing out loud for sure.

Janelle Bartlome said...

Is not...

Sue said...

I hope you talk him into it....I really need to see them now!

gina3 said...

Can't wait to see the now pics after you break him down to do it. My husband vacuums too. Isn't that so much better than getting flowers occasionally? With those pics we got a little better glimpse into your house and would love to see more. It looks interesting what you have done under the TV.

WhettenWild said...

Come on Jeff!!!!

Emily said...

Those are some awesome pictures. It would be funny to take the now pictures.
I love it when husbands clean. Dave moves stuff too. It's just the best!

chris w said...

Yeah, he's pretty high up there in the hubby food chain. Great wives deserve great husbands. :)

PLEASE find a way to make that young me now me pic happen. oh.my.gosh.

Creative Decor by Brooke said...

Okay, when I saw him holding his baby girl I thought, "Oh, how sweet" But you really did it with the Vacuuming. Now that is over the top. I'm pretty sure, no, dang sure, I haven't seen that happen at my house. It was quite a refreshing site. Enjoy it!
You are so funny. Have a great day.
Brooke

1 Funky Woman said...

Can your husband train my husband to vacuum? Ok, better than that, can he at least train him to pick up the dog shit first before he mows over those land mines? I told him today that one of these days one of those petrified dog poops is going to hit him in the eye! And then I told him, I would laugh!

Teri said...

Hey, lady! I have had such a good time sipping coffee and reading through your last week's worth of posts! Thanks for the good laugh...and for noticing I was gone! Your craft room is sure coming along nicely...I love the shutters and the wainscoting (sp?). I'm heading over to the Young Me New Me blog...I think I have a pic or two that I could get my sisters to recreate with me... :)

Cathy M~(checkitoff) said...

funny! love your posts!

dena4kids said...

You will wear him down! I have faith in ya!=)

kim said...

these pics are awesome! he HAS to do them!

AM from White House, Black Shutters said...

so sweet of him to vacuum... hoping you can convince him! That is one hilarious kid picture!

Andree said...

Bwahahahahaha! I ADORE your sense of humour! I just spent the last hour thoroughly laughing with you and wow. Amazing. I love the "what kids say".

Keep it up! I'm totally going to followe your blog! SO worth the time to read :)