Tuesday, May 25, 2010

A little organization, part 1.

So I inherited some ab.so.lute.ly gawgeous pieces of furniture this last week.



Gawgeous.


Simply breathtaking. And when I say "breathtaking", I mean it like how that baby on Seinfeld was "breathtaking". 'Mmm hmm.
(I also inherited in this dresser a brand new bag of someone's underwear, bag o' socks, and 3 pairs of swim trunks too-- if you're in my family, and you're underwear is size -- oh never mind I'll have to make some calls)

Anywho, despite the color, they have good bones. And that's all that matters, folks. You just wait 'til I'm done with 'em! They'll be fit for the world's finest trailer park.

Took these bad boys, sanded 'em down, and gave them 372 coats of paint.

And then after I did that, I realized the age of these, and that I more than likely released a cloud of lead paint in the air, which now resides in my lungs and nose.

So if I start acting stupider and stuff, wheel you let mee no?

So these knoby pully things--

wowsa. I hope you're wearing a blue leisure suit and standing on yellow-green shag carpet.

So a trip to the hob lob later (and several other things I shouldn't have gotten),

and I've got me some new knobs. That doesn't sound right.
The Hob Lob wants you to know that these are for decorative purposes only. These are not toys, people.

Two things I want you to know:
1. wood filler.

It smells like you're getting your nails done, it feels like putting your finger in ice water, and it looks like putting your finger in baby poo.
and 2., fill the holes before you paint. Do yourself a favor, 'cause I didn't.
One thing I don't want you to know:
1 of those new knobs has three messed up holes behind it. My bad.

I felt as though the nightstand needed something. A little personalization, if you will.

So I gave it a big, fat, fancy "T". And my post on how many T's are too many T's in this house is waaay overdue.

Now this "T". . . it's a monet. It looks great from afar but up close it's a real mess. I didn't do the best job. It needs a steady hand to clean it up a bit.
You know what? Fuggedaboutit.

I gave both pieces of furniture a date with Mr. Sander. The messed up "T" doesn't really matter anymore.

I felt as though the dresser needed a little sumfin' sumfin' on top. Even though I have plans to have it nearly completely covered.

"PUT THOSE BACK". (sorry accidentally got a little carried away with the bokeh)
And voila. They can hold my crapting craptcessories in the crapt room.


Or some guest's undies. If I ever have a guest.

16 comments:

gina@3ringcottage said...

Oh my gosh, I'm speechless. That's my kind of makeover. I don't know which one I like more. LOVE the T on top. I have the M knob...only with a G. You probably have as many Ms as I have Gs and 3s. Who knew how beautiful these could be? I guess YOU did!

1 Funky Woman said...

Whoop, Whoop girl you did it again! Ok what is your tool for making vinyl. If you don't tell me I'm just going to ask for requests and you make them for me, lol!

Love what you did with the numbers and yes the T and hey undies need a place too!

Teri said...

Love! Especially the message to would-be burglars. Priceless!

La TempĂȘte said...

Lurverly are usual, m'dear. Now come to my place and do mine! Hehehe.

Doll Clothes Gal Pal said...

Ah-mey-zinngg!! Great job!!!

kim said...

these turned out great...sucks about the lead paint

Lori @ In Pursuit of Martha Points said...

I love the idea of instructions ON the furniture. "Put those back." "Don't eat these." "Wipe that off." "Don't sit here."

That's a lot of vinyl letters, though.

supermom said...

girl, you have some mad talent! dang these are way stinking cool!

chris w said...

When I first saw your M knob I had this uncontrollable urge to go make over a dresser - after I finish a crap room all for myself that is. Darn you!
They look gawgeous - for real - not Seinfeld baby. :)
So does your house from the tour - holy cow woman!

dena4kids said...

OOOooo...I like it!I just got some cool pulls from hob-lob last week!

*sidenote*
It is nice to know that you haven't lost your southern accent.=)

Emily said...

I like it! It looks amazing.

Emily said...

P.S. I love your Bob Ross picture/saying! That is just cool.

Layne Bushell said...

I love that your drawer pulls are M's instead of T's...must stand for MINE, or maybe Mandi, or Mom's, or M&M's stashed here...stay out.... Looks awesome

Amanda said...

Very, very cool! Love all your "craptastic" make-overs!

Anny said...

Man you have vision...and a lot of monograms ;) They're lovely, as always.

Ryan and Rachel said...

SUPER cute. Love the "new" drawers....wait, that didn't sound right. :)