Monday, May 31, 2010

I feel jipped.

Our front door has looked like this since the day after St. Pattys:

That "Spring!" should be said like SideShow Mel: "Spuh-ring!!" with extra enthusiasm. Or perhaps the Mormon Tabernacle Choir should be singing "Hallelujah" in the background.

That's how I see it.

But see, spring never really came here (a handful of days excepted.) Heck, it snowed last Monday for crying out loud.
I feel jipped.
Jilted.
Screwed.
And so forth. And when I took down my "Spring!", I was slightly bugged.
See, I was ready for Memorial Weekend. And I had a fab idea.


First off, my house number in place of that "Spring!". And then I realized that I've got my house number on the pot next to the door.

(by the by, I haven't killed off my free, white, mother's day geranium in there yet! Can I get a 'Woot woo!'?)

It's a tad overkill, I'd say.

Now, doesn't it seem like a great idea to take a "T", and decoupage it in a vintage looking flag paper?

Doesn't it?

Huh huh?


Huh. Huhhhhh. Be nice to me, 'cause my ego is fragee-lay. But even I know that "T" is sooo beyond dumb-butt.

I'm thinking here, I'm thinking here. There's gotta be some way to rescue my "T" from dumb-buttville.

And on a brighter note, I kept to my own personal code of just do it yourself, dang it! and finally hung the iron sign I've kept in the closet for, oh. . .6 months. Or more.

See, this awesome sign bids you all welcome,

or, depending on my mood, or if the house is clean, I can spin that bad boy around and

voila. I'd say if it's dependant on a clean house, you'll see this side of it 90% of the time.

9 comments:

gina3 said...

I like the flag T but it needs a little somethin'. How about painting a frame and putting it around it? That could look cute.
Love the welcome/go away sign! Where did you get that?

1 Funky Woman said...

I so need that go away sign! I love your T idea but the scale is off. It needs to be much bigger! I'll bet you of all people have a scroll saw and you could cut out a funky big T! It needs to jump out at you when you look at the door, just as I imagine you do, lol!

Emily said...

I want one of those go away signs. That is sweet! That is all mine would say.

Pressed Petals said...

loooooove your go away sign!

Meg said...

Mandy,

I read your blog daily - usually first thing in the morning because I always laugh out loud and it starts my day off on a good note.

Now, why don't you share with us where the heck you got that adorable iron sign???? Because I need one.

Meg in Portland (no blog)

lori @ In Pursuit of Martha Points said...

I want that sign!

Can't do much with the T as there is no T in my name, Himself's name, or even any of the kids names.

But I want a "Go Away" sign...I NEED a "Go Away" sign.

My misanthropy needs cultivating and I think that sign is JUST the thing to do it.

dena4kids said...

lOVE THE SIGN!I am glad to see that your geranium isn't dead.=) I love flowers! It really sucks you missed out on spring.I was so over snow in jan. I couldn't imagine having to deal with it still! Yuck!

Creative Decor by Brooke said...

You are so right about Spu - ring!
Where has it been?? I just barely went to buy my flowers for my pots. I really like the "T". I think I will shift over to patriotic decor for summer also.
Brooke

La TempĂȘte said...

I never knew until right this minute that I needed a Go Away sign. Now I do.