Monday, May 3, 2010

Bend over and I'll show you.

Thee, um, the tile that is. You know, so you can get a closer look.


So it's done. And my pants would be totally in absolute flames this time if I were to say I did it by myself.

It went down kinda like this:
(I'm laying down the mortar for the backerboard)

Jeff: "Hey do you want some tips?"
Me: "Yeah I definitely could use all the tips you got."

Jeff: "Why don't I show you the best way to use that trowel?
(minute or two later)
You know, I kinda like doing this. . . "

I'm serious. He said that. Don't deny it, Jeff. And that was all she wrote. My project did become his.

In my defense, they don't make those dang trowels for left-handed people. I'm serious- try it with your left hand. So odd.

Plumber butt. Me or Jeff? A little from column A, a little from column B.

(I did grout it, though; that's where it's at).

But I seriously love.it. (golf clap-- girly squeals)
I opted for a subway tile look. Obviously.
Me and clorox wipes are like this in this room now.
I owe my hubs big.time.

Okay, so! A review shall we?

Bathroom as we moved in.

White walls.

A lil paint,

some beadboard, new mirror (all while 8 1/2 months pregnant; what crazy lunatic does that?).


The circle is now complete (Darth Vader voice).
Stick a fork in it- this bathroom is finally done.

Now I just need help to get thee ole porcelain pony back in place. Who's with me?

14 comments:

Kristi said...

That looks great! I really like how you did the tiles; the littles with the biggies.

1 Funky Woman said...

Loving the floor! Awesome job but I didn't see any plumber butt, dam! Nice mirror, we do have the same one. It looks great in there! Did you make that sign with your magic machine?

shannon said...

The mirror is beautiful, the floor is beautiful, I a moving in! :-)

dena4kids said...

I love it!! Very nice job!=)

Creative Decor by Brooke said...

Hey now, that looks great. I love the mirror and bead-board too. I like how you used the small tiles. It give is some real style!
I really do love it, good job.
I will be doing this to my bath shortly, I have the dreaded carpet in there now. What was I thinking?
Brooke

Dara said...

Looks GREAT!!!!

Teri said...

It looks awesome, Mandi! Is this the one that had the carpet? I assumed...since Clorox wipes and worse than useless on rug. What a gorgeous bathroom!!

gina3 said...

That's a beautiful bathroom! Tell your husband that his tips for laying tile should be shared with other husbands! The most important part: where can I get one of those bathroom signs on the door? Seriously, where can I get one? Love it as much as the tile!

Lori @ In Pursuit of Martha Points said...

Awe! Awe! Awe!

Oh yes, and AWE!

WhettenWild said...

That looks great!! You guys did a good job. Glad you can get the can out of the hall now.

Cheri said...

Awesome work. I LOVE it. Our bathroom looks a lot like that (pedestal sink, beadboard, etc.) Great tile pick, too. You rock!

Halls Huddle said...

You're inspiring! Seriously, we're ripping out old tile TONIGHT! I love the finished look. Gawgeous!

Emily said...

I love the floor. it looks awesome! I have been wanting to tile my floors since we moved in...you make me want to do it more. The only problem, I am not at all handy. I would just make it look worse that the amazing lanolieum (is that spelled right??) already looks.
I love it though!! you are AWESOME!

Anny said...

I love it! You guys did an awesome job :D