Thursday, April 1, 2010

Dang you, Pottery Barn (part 1)

Did you get their most recent catalog? Dude-duh. I usually save 2 or 3 things out of the mag, but this time I believe it was more like 10.

And somewhere, my husband groans.

Today's knockoff? It's in the corner of this boudoir.

Those produce signs are soooo rad.

But where the heck will I even put them??
This.Is.Sewious. (Wonder Pets)

I know! In the kitchen. Sorry, Orangina. I love you. I do. You are my mostest favorite bevi, ever.

But you're being moved next to the Italian pasta sign. You two will hit it off, I promise.
It's not you, it's me.
Free wood scraps from the Daddy-o, the use of stencils:

You just knew I had to change the fruit to francais, didn't you? I'm sorry. I have to keep to the code.
You know what these need? They need the snot sanded right out of them.

Of course they need a vintage feel.

Ta Da.

Easy, fun, and best of all, completely free. Virtual butt pat for me.

28 comments:

Angela said...

You just see it and do it. I like your style (and the signs.)

gina@3ringcottage said...

Looks great. I just need to get some wood scraps from your Daddy-O and I can make my own. Too bad he doesn't live around here.

chris w said...

I'm so proud of your french fruits for going smoke free. ;)

Sewiously - very cool - very you.

Malisa said...

You are such a clever woman! :)

WhettenWild said...

LOVE those! Love the Orangina sign too........where can I get some of that???

Teri said...

Cliff calls butt pats "GGs" - short for "good game". GG Mandi.

Camie at "Home is where they love you" said...

New to your blog, love it! Your header is too funny...and the fruit signs are AWESOME.

Kristi said...

I LOVE these!! Great job!

Candice said...

I love those signs! Very cute! You have such great projects and are dang funny! :)

Wendy @ The Shabby Nest said...

um, yeah, love them. seriously.

Shellie said...

This brings me back to random conversations we had about Orangina!

hehehehehe

shannon said...

These turned out amazing. I love them. Funny, I never saw them before in that PB picture. I was too distracted by the bedding in that picture.

dena4kids said...

those look good! Very cute!

Alice W. said...

Beautiful! Those signs are fabulous!

Carrie @ Dittle Dattle said...

Love your signs! They turned out wonderful!

One Cheap B*tch said...

Coming over from the Shabby Nest. Your signs are gorgeous!

Lorilyn said...

Brilliant fabulous love it.

Layne Bushell said...

still love the no smoking sign in the background...cracks me up!

Patty said...

Aww those fruit signs look so good posted like that!

Anny said...

Sweet! The sanding really added that final touch, I love it.

Cynthia@BargainBellissimo said...

Just popped in..having sign envy now & omg your sidebar "kids quotes" are the best!!

Karen said...

...aaaaand bookmarked.

hil.arious. tal.ented.

Somehow that second one doesn't work so well when you write it all punctuated and affectedly cool.

kim said...

oh I love these...I need to do more crafting...I want signs :)

Angie @ The Country Chic Cottage said...

Love the signs and your fab post!! :)

1 Funky Woman said...

Love these! Can you hear me singing that?

Valerie said...

OOOOooooh... I want this!! I love your interpretation! I am filing this at thecraftersfilebox.com.

Thanks for sharing!!

Just Rhonda said...

i loves it so much :) (and you seem like quite a goof - in a GOOD way) :)

Tracy's Trinkets and Treasures said...

I just found your blog. I love the things you write, make and your photography. Where do you get all of your stencils that you mention you use such as the ones on this post?