Tuesday, March 23, 2010

When two become one.

I want you to know that when that Spice Girls song of the same name came out (oh, around junior year in high school), that I had no idea just how ridiculously stupid AND dirty that song was.
Just so you know. Those pervs.

Anywho,

As I was standing in my Dad's workshop (a.k.a., the garage), I did my usual tactless, shameless thing I do where I stare at everything in there, ask what he's going to do with it, and occasionally if I can have it. (Was I born in a barn??)

My dad asked if I wanted these leftover pieces. Yes, he asked me. This time.

Don'tmindifIdo!
What were these left over from, Dad?

Well, that was months ago, my peeps.

Then this weekend, in a much loved trip to the Hob Lob (you know I could spend my life there), I found these on clearance.

And I thought to myself, "Self, these could be a very interesting sign. Maybe for the laundry room. Hmm. . . ?"

So I began to assemble.
Hmm, one letter of each. That's it. Although a "p" could be a "d". . . let's get creative here. . .

My first thought.

Hmm.

Hmm?
Yo.

Word.

'Mm, no. I don't want to be reminded I suck on a daily basis.

Maybe.

Maybe.

Eh. Maybe.

Hmm?

Nah.

Yeah. Yeah!

With a little help from my BFF's, mr. wood glue & mr. spray paint, this could be totally awesome/craptacular. I'll show you when I figure out just how to hang it.

16 comments:

Emily said...

that is cool. I like it. I love that you can see letters and a bunch of wood and make something out of it.

gina@3ringcottage said...

Almost bought those exact letters this past week. Maybe I should go back and get 'em and find me some scrap wood. Can't wait to see what you do. (You had to be a comedy writer in a former life; just hysterical :)

chris w said...

My vote is - it will be awesome.

Your brain just works in a different way than the rest of us (in a very good way).

BAWDEN FAMILY said...

Mandi,
You are so creative and very talented. I love all your sweet pictures you take, amazing. What kind of camera do you have?
Amanda

WhettenWild said...

ha ha. I could use a couple of those.

Teri said...

Holy crap - I was thinking "wash - dry - fold", and then I got to the final pic. Can't wait to see it!

This may, in fact, be a result of the fact that I frequently remember to do ONE of these steps, but rarely all three in sequence. Maybe I need some reminding. Maybe.

Ryan and Rachel said...

You. are. brilliant. true story

Kim said...

WOW your vision inspires me!!

handbags*n*pigtails said...

You crack me up:) Love the sign...cant wait for more pics!
Sarah

Layne Bushell said...

mine laundry room sign says, well,
saille de lessive (please excuse the spelling - i have no idea how to spell it - but i bet you do!)

My vote is wash dry fold! So cute and an awesome reminder to keep it moving through process. I would have to add, put away (that's where I fail)

Layne Bushell said...

mine laundry room sign says, well,
saille de lessive (please excuse the spelling - i have no idea how to spell it - but i bet you do!)

My vote is wash dry fold! So cute and an awesome reminder to keep it moving through process. I would have to add, put away (that's where I fail)

Creative Decor by Brooke said...

Talk about leaving us hanging... so rude! Just kidding. I can't wait to see it now.
I'll be waiting.
Brooke

dena4kids said...

I think I need a sign in my laundry room. I don't know something like .... SAVE ME, or I know..I know... HELP WANTED! Yeah I like that!=)

1 Funky Woman said...

Ok, wheres the reveal? I want to see it in the laundry! Thanks for the comments on my room. I thought since laundry sucks, I could at least be in a happy place when I do something shitty! Pardon my French!
Come on who loves laundry?

Anny said...

I vote Clean Moi

Ellie said...

I just found your blog and have spent the better part of the morning giggling as I read thru your recent posts! Thanks for the laughs and the inspiration. I LOVE this project!