Sunday, March 14, 2010

What I Woulda Lost.

Ever had the blinking black screen of death?

You know, when your computer is booting up and you have one of these: _

And it's blinking?

And it never leaves that screen?

Yeee-ah. The boys told daddy something was wrong with mommy's computer. Jeff went in to investigate. And not long after he called down to me:

"I think your hard drive is totally effed."

Oh. Poo.

"Mandi? When was the last time you backed your stuff up?"

Oh! Like really, really recently. I'm not too worried. Oh crap. . it might have been a month ago. . . or maybe 2 . . or 3. . .

Or maybe like 5 or so.

And ya know, there's a lot of junk in here. Stuff that can be re-done. Take this for instance.


Who cares about high gloss sealer & finish?

But then, there's the other stuff. Like when, unbeknownst to you, your boys give your baby a chocolate granola bar. In her church clothes.

And said baby doses off.

And looks just.like.her.daddy.

'Cept for the red hair.

Or when that same lil girl eats your lens cap while you snap pics?


They'd have been gone. I mean, I guess you could re-enact those.

This is a typical Johnny expression.

I could get that again. Or this.

Or these.



But then, you're not like, gonna really get 40+ people all together again. For say, oh, a funeral. Grampa's funeral.

Or a baby blessing.



Those are kinda hard to re-do.

And you know, it's kinda ridiculous when I have an extra hard drive and half a terrabyte's size of an external drive to like, not back things up.

I know. Stupid me.

Obviously I didn't lose these. Jeff fixed it for me. Whew. But still, lesson learned, man.

8 comments:

Teri said...

Wow - I'm so glad that Jeff managed to save your priceless photos! That should be a lesson to us all!

chris w said...

That is literally a 'life flashing before your eyes' moment.
So glad hubby could fix it. Yay for computer geek hubbies!

WhettenWild said...

Dude.......you are freaking me out. I'd hate to lose all that is on my computer.

Those picture of Lucy are so cute BTW!

Gina@3ringcottage said...

Now you can breathe. Glad your pics were saved. That little red-head is the cutest thing!

Suzie Button said...

I just found your blog, and I knew you had a good sense of humor with your blogheader alone! I'm enjoying perusing your blog, i'll be back! Suzie

dena4kids said...

Can I just say AMEN to all that girl! My comp. did the same thing to me! Luckily it was able to be fixed, and the first thing I did was put most of my pics on my external.=)

Veronica said...

Found your blog, while going blog to blog. Love the pic on the header...made me smile!

These pics are priceless.... glad hubby fixed for you

Veronica

Layne Bushell said...

My Thing 3 was born 6 weeks premature and she was hooked up to every bell and whistle and machine and contraption etc. We don't have a single picture of her until she was 2 months old. Rich forgot they were on his computer, it died (as do all our computers after 18 months) and gone are our photos. Oddly we switched to digital the day she was born and all my pics of her are gone. 5 years later and I still haven't gotten over it.... PS What does my husband do for a living? Back up data.