Thursday, March 18, 2010

Said I was gonna take a break.

Said I was tired of big projects.
Said I was takin' a break.
I said it, but I lied it.
(Yes I have been reading Dr. Seuss lately, why do you ask? I am not afraid of those pale green pants with nobody inside them. . . )

So anywho, this is my kitchen island. I love having an island all my own. Hehehe.

It's the sides I'm talking about.

Nothing really wrong with these sides.

Nothing really right, either.

It needs something. Doesn't it?

Now, I instantly thought: "yes, beadboard. Beadboard!" That is by far the easiest route.

But then I thought to myself, "self, you're only going to do this once. Look around. Make an educated decision."

And so I did. And I came up with these.

Norm!

Ooh, that's like the wainscoting in my boudoir. Sooo easy.

Ooh. Me likey.

Hmm.

hmm. ..

Ooh. ..

But you know what one was my favorite?

'Mmm hmm. Fluting (oh my!), paneling (oh my!), fake butts. Er I mean Butt-resses. Actually I think I heard someone refer to them as "corbels". Whatever.

So what do you think? What's yer fave? 'Cause I'm getting to work pretty darned soon. . .

16 comments:

Jessie said...

I love the 2nd to last one....the simple white one.

GL! You CAN do it!

chris w said...

I like that the one with the corbels(?) matches the swoopy (you heard me) lines of your couches. It would kinda tie to two rooms together.
You'll make it rock!

Teri said...

I love the second to last one, too! Such a clean, simple design. I can't wait to see what you do! :)

kim said...

i say go ahead with the beadboard!
:)

Emily said...

I'm going with the trend...I like the 2nd to last one. But I am sure anything you do will look amazing

Anonymous said...

You just go ahead and do whatever your sweet lil heart desires. We will be happy to read about your adventures when you are done. We'll laugh and cry right along with you...but mostly laugh!

1 Funky Woman said...

I like the first or the second to the last one. Can't wait to see what you pick!

Meg said...

2nd to the last one also...my dream kitchen! p.s. where did you find that photo, I need it for my inspiration/dream file!

WhettenWild said...

I like all of them! I can't wait to see which one you choose.

Rachel said...

I love the 2nd, 2nd to the last, and the last. Doesn't really narrow it down, does it? ;) But I really only like the last for the color. I love the pop of color in the kitchen!

Creative Decor by Brooke said...

Yep, 2nd to last. That's the one!
Brooke

Anny said...

I like the second to last. The last one is too ornate for the furniture I see in the background :)

Amanda said...

Oooh! Can't wait to see what you do! I'm sure it will look awesome! I'm wanting to copy your faux wainscoting in your bedroom in my bedroom someday... Someday when I can talk my husband into another project!

Ryan and Rachel said...

Last one. All the way.

Layne Bushell said...

Isn't Norm your absolute favorite favorite guy! I wish he lived at my house! I too, like the last one! Are you going to magically expand your island too?

dena4kids said...

OOooo.. can I pick all of them? I think any of them would be nice.