Monday, March 15, 2010

It's kinda ridiculous.

Take my hand for instance.
Anything strange here?

Like 2 kinda long fingernails and 3 broken-off-during-projects ones?

(running for the clippers)

Or, take this sign I've walked past 3 times. Love it. But I's all like "too bad that cool sign doesn't belong in a house." I guess the 3rd walk-by, plus clearance did the trick, 'cause

it ended up at home with me in the mudroom. What?

Who says this doesn't belong in here? Who says little kids who go grab their backpacks on the way to kindergarten don't need a reminder from time to time? The irony is that you can see my fire extinguisher in the background.

Or this.
The carafe. It's even a cool word.
I wanted one of these for a while. I'm going to get one more, even.
I was a Denny's waitress in another life, umkay?


I had a totally bodacious idea about monogramming it with a "T" (you just wait for the post on "how many 'T's are too many 'T's?"), but then I got an even better, more tubular idea.

What if it said "sip", and "slurp", and "swig"? Ooh man. . . I'm onto something, here.
So I cut it in vinyl,

Eh- screw "swig"-- I ruined it by carelessness.

Huh.

Huh. . . well it seemed like it would be the cutest thing, evar. But it's just kinda stoop. Well dang. Kinda ridiculous how many times I've used "craptacular" in reference to recent projects, but well . ..
Those no other word for it.

9 comments:

chris w said...

A. I'm impressed your nails got that long in the first place. Mine never make it that far.

2. I'm still giggling over the no smoking. That's one of those your kids are gonna come back and ask years from now, "why did we have that?" awe-some.

and I love me some glass carafes, pitchers, stemware. I musta been a socialite in another life.

1 Funky Woman said...

My fingernails broke on a project too.. I can't keep them long. I do too many things around the house. Love the no smoking sign. I have one by our bar in the basement. Actually I bought it for my mom years ago and ironically after she died from smoking, seriously can't believe I laughed at my statement I took it back to teach the kids no smoking allowed. I never in a million thought I would say that, I hope I'm not ruining your day.

Cute idea for the carafe!

dena4kids said...

LOL! I love the no smoking sign!(Kids do need reminders!=) You got to find a way to get swig on there...it is one of my fav words!
It can say slurp, swig, sip, swig, slurp...etc...jk I like it!

WhettenWild said...

Dude, ya never know when you might need a "No Smoking sign". It's best to always have one on hand. LOL!
I'm surprised you have any fingernails left at all with all of your projects.

I like the carafe. You are so fancy!

Audra said...

You aren't digging the carafe, but the rest of us are. I saw this and away my mind went...(on a decorating tangent as it usually does) juice glasses with the same words on them. Caaauuuute! I have to tell you...I think I "heart" you. Really.

Thank you for inspiring me and leading me down the path of decorating tangents.

AM from White House, Black Shutters said...

lol! Love the no smoking sign, it def belongs in a house. ;)

And that slurp sip carafe, ahhh I need one! So cute!

Gina@3ringcottage said...

You can never have too many "T"s. Take it from someone with a ton of "3"s. Call it "a collection" and you can have as many as you want. "NO Smoking" sign is a clever way to get the message across since the older they get, the less they seem to listen.

1 Funky Woman said...

I tagged you in my blog today, Happiness 101, come check it out...
http://1funkywoman.blogspot.com

Megan

Anny said...

That's not craptacular - its understated! You should etch a plain band around it.