Thursday, February 25, 2010

Who's been stealing me lucky charms?

I don't need a wreath er somethin on my door for every holiday. Really. I don't. But I was bored one day at the store. Walmarché to be exact (go ahead. Judge me.) And one thing led to another, and . . .

Crap happened. Because it does, you know.

It started out with this sssssilky ribbon ($?) I walked past (it's sssssso sssssilky).

And then I walked past a Better Homes & Gardens grapevine wreath ($3). The wheels got to turnin'. And you know what that means. . .

I kid you not, but this was all on the same aisle. This flower ($1).

(It needed a bouttonière.)
Like all 7 feet away. Like a 1 minute tops kinda thing: "Oooh I want this, oh and this, OH and this too! Done!"
And it all just kind of like, fell together. Like so.

If you're thinking my ribbon is a tad askew, well, then screw y please come over and adjust it for me. Thankyousomuch.

Ya know, when you're a lazy A, you're just a lazy A. I was gonna make a sign, but dudes, I'm in the middle of a living room re-do, here! C'mon. I'll just cut some vinyl and slap it on there. Like so.

You know what I think I like best about this craptacular wreath?

"Ooh you have soo many looks."
-Homer Simpson
I can totally spice this up for spring after St. Patty's? Ya know?

8 comments:

WhettenWild said...

Dude, you aren't turning into a tree-hugger on my are ya with your "go green" subliminal messages. J/K

dena4kids said...

Very cute! You are sooo "crafty".heehee.=)

Kim said...

pretty & do-able for us uncrafty types :)

Emily said...

I love that you can walk past ribbon, and see a wreath made using this ribbon... I walk past ribbon and see ribbon. I am not creative or imaginative at all. I love all your crafty stuff.

Rebecca D said...

Don't put it down... it's so much better then my current wreath... which is none...

As for judging you for shopping at the wal marts... no judgement, but I do think it's time for a personal boycott... I live in TN where you can't drive more then a few miles without seeing one, but in the infamously "friedly south" I am tired of shopping in a store where the employees are less then happy you are there... heck, at the one closest to my home even the greeters are cranky...they are "greeters" that's their job... to be nice... to "greet"... but noooo... not at this one! They do all but flip you off o make you feel unwelcome, and eyeball your cart as you leave, as if I am stealing the milk, kitty litter, generic tea bags and Little Debby swiss rolls in there...

Teri said...

Beautiful. No ribbon adjustments required. :)

Kathryn said...

Looks very nice!

We shop at Walmart all the time as they are cheaper on some things, but I only go the ones that still carry fabric (which is getting fewer all the time).

I have never worked at a Walmart but know people who have and some of the reason for the bad attitudes is that theft is rampant and they have to always be on guard, especially the greeters. One time when we were there people had tried to hide a watch in their babies carrier. It is sad.

Meg said...

I like it. The vinyl is a nice touch. I have a friend whose husband is a co-manager at Walmart and she still says awful things about it! ;)