Sunday, January 17, 2010

It's The Little Things/Ode to A Weekend.

It's the almost too hot bath,

with the jets on so loud I missed the door and a phone call.

It's reading a book I've read before,

and nearly wetting my pants I laughed so hard.

It's lazy Saturday mornings, cartoons, and a stack of buttermilk pancakes.


It's a trip to the store with just my 1 lil guy in tow.

Buyin him a dipped ice cream cone and watching the chocolate run down his chin when he grinned.

It's the highly anticipated trip to the library with 2 excited boys-

and picking out a totally awesome book all the kids adore.


It's the family movie night, with giant, soft blankets, a bowl of popcorn, and some candy here and there.

It's the chillaxing together.


'Cause time flies,

and before you know it, the weekend's gone, man.

6 comments:

chris w said...

That right there is a perfect weekend.

What the heck is that book? It looks awesome. (not the bug one - although it looks awesome too.)

WhettenWild said...

Glad you guys had a good weekend. Sorry it went by to fast =(. Call me!

dena4kids said...

Ok seriously that last pic just about made me cry.(there was a definite sniffle..) I am glad you got to have a great weekend.

Anny said...

Thank you for sharing - it looks like a lovely time :)

Heidi said...

I'm glad you had a great weekend! Too bad its over...don't know how you do it.

Emily said...

That looks very relaxing and your pancakes look yummy!!