Sunday, December 13, 2009

A Word On Christmas.

This lil boy

Oh, that doesn't really tell you which lil boy. THIS lil boy

is a tree-killer. Everything shiney must be touched. "Well can't ya just put the ornaments ya like at the top so he can't reach?"

Hello. Every ornament but like 5 would be at the top.
Expect the (broken ornaments)ornaments bowl to be overflowing by the end of the season.


I did let the boys decorate the tree, for the record. And yeah, we've got a little a this:

But that's okay.


Also, Jeff put up the lights in November. He's so productive. The bishop said,

"you're making us look bad. I take it you cracked the whip on that?" The you was a reference to me.

Au contraire, mon frere.

I know how long these things take. Begged him not to. Said it would take 10 hours or so.

It took 12. Just for the record. Looks great, though.

And he pulled out the ladder and set it up. He's all going "it's totally sturdy! See?" and he's shaking it. I nearly had a coronary. Hon if I didn't like you I wouldn't care so much. Okey dokey?

Also, I'm resigned to no mantel. December is a busy month. I don't need to be a perfectionista. (I AM NOT A 'WHIP CRACKER'!) I still had the kids pictures done and printed though.

Thems are the ones I went with.


Snort.



Also, my son was so excited for this day at school:

He got sick that day and barfed in class. Got sent home. Isn't that sad? (and embarrassing for the mom who sent him apparently with an upset stomach?)

Also, got myself a card holder that I love. A nearly identical one sells for $50 at PB. Sorry- $50? How about $14 or so at Rod Works?

I, um, ahem, took off a lot of our Christmas cards so you wouldn't feel bad that we're sooo popular. . . ahem. It also doesn't help that the boys take them off and play with 'em. I sure hope that's why people are asking me for my address so I can get some use out of this. . . .

Also, I was serious when I said I didn't want anything for Christmas. I really did mean it when I said my piano was for the next several (hundred) holidays. But I couldn't help myself when I saw these necklaces on Etsy.

So I obviously got myself one. Merry Christmas to me.

But that really is it! I swears.

Also, there's lots of goody bakin' and partakin' around here.
Chocolate Chip and Butterscotch cookies.

And we blame it and justify it on the holiday, of course. Yes, that's a bite out of the first one. Guess that's how we roll in this house.

5 comments:

WhettenWild said...

The kids pictures turned out so cute!

I feel your pain on the Christmas tree. I cannot keep the younger two away from it. At least Jackson isn't trying to bounce the ornaments this year!

BTW.....I love my necklace. Thank you so much!!!

Trina said...

Love reading your posts.

I was just telling my kids this morning that I need pictures of them, and my oldest said she wanted hers in a hat and scarf, and I thought GENIUS!! NO doing of hair!! Your awesome pictures have tipped the scales.

dena4kids said...

LOL! I was just looking at my tree yesterday talking to myself, "Man it looked sooo much better when we put it up. Now it looks like CRAP!"

I love your card holder! They really have some cute stuff!
Again Love the pics of the kids. Johnny's cracks me up everytime I see it!

chris w said...

1. LOVE the pics of the kids. Beautiful!

2. You are making it really hard for me to resist that necklace even though I already have a charm necklace with my kids' names on it.

3. We had a total ghetto tree last year with ornaments only on the top half. You are much stronger than I am.

Emily said...

I have the same problem with my tree. Mine is the one with only the ornaments on the top.