Monday, December 14, 2009

Craptacular Crafts by Mandi.

I'm a tad on the discouraged side. I guess it's 'cause I've generally liked all the projects I've completed thus far. Hey, maybe I've thought to meself "Self, you could have done that better. You should fix this. . . " And then it never gets fixed. But hey, it's not keeping me up at night.

But this weekend is a different story, dude. Craptacular doesn't even begin to cover it. Maybe it's my mood. Maybe I've cleaned up too much barf and diarrhea to make a good, educated decision.

Probably not.

Let's start with wreckage #1, shall we?

Before I show the picture, yes, I am moving backwards in the holiday department. Let me 'splain. No, there is too much. Let me sum up:

I's too cheap to buy these pumpkins at full price. If I'm gonna make somethin, I expect it to be a money saver. Otherwise, why wouldn't I just go buy some awesome decoration already made? So I bought them after the holiday, clearanced.

My stencils failed me, man.

They're a mess, man. Or to quote Danny from Grease: "What a hunk of junk."

So I flipped 'em around and used vinyl.

Now, I like this better, but it sure as heck doesn't call to me.

Disaster/catastrophe # deux:

Do you remember this?

I look at it and I still love it. Thought it was the perfect style for Kenna's room. Had a mirror I took down from this past project:

And I thought, Hey-- free mirror, man.
And I got to work.

Here's the before, with paint still on it's corners:


It's not done. 2 trips to Hob Lob later for flowers (how badly can I estimate stuff? Yeesh) later.

Sometimes I look in on it, and I go: "Oh it's pretty."

And then sometimes, I'm like, "That belongs in someone's gramma's house."

And finally, poopy project numero 3:
Vinyl gone wrong.

It's not that I don't love the messages I chose,

It's the way I couldn't manage to get it straight. That's baaaad.

So yeah, I'm discouraged. But "Never give up! Never surrender!" I know. I know.

3 comments:

WhettenWild said...

You did better than I would've!

dena4kids said...

I like them. I love the sayings, Aim.Flush. LOL! Very nice! (If I say I like the mirror also, does that mean I have grandma taste? Well even if it does...I love the mirror!=)

The Schoonies said...

I feel bad for you:( No fun to be discouraged. As I was reading your post I was reminded why I don't attempt projects because I am too big of a perfectionist and would always be discouraged!
BTW...that was our Christmas card. Thanks for the compliment and I agree all the gift giving at Christmas is a little crazy overboard:)