Monday, November 16, 2009

I Am My Father's Daughter.

And what I mean by that is, I start at least 5 projects at once. And then I have a least a dozen others floating in thee ole noggin at all times.

I can't keep up with all my crazy ideas. And then that means I can't keep up with general cleaning. Too many a night I've said to meself: "Self, you just don't have enough time in the world." But then I realize- but you had time to sit on your butt at the computer 3 times today. . .

Aw, shucks. Busted. So in order to do what I want to do, I'm gonna not turn on the computer much for the next, well, while. I'm not gonna lie to myself and say I'll NEVER turn it on, but you know, like tone it down, and stuff. Just might have to clear thee ole Google Reader of the 500 things I've subscribed to when all's said and done. . .

'Cause,

this took me entirely too long. Finally finished every. single. stripe on Friday. This was one of thems where you wished you never started right after you began. And then you beat your head against the wall. I do like it though. Love it, in fact. Just don't make me crouch behind the toliet to paint a stripe ever. again.

Replaced thee ole towel bar with hooks (what is it with me and hooks?) so my kids hoody towels have a place to hang.

Anywho, so many things, so little time. . .

Sittin' there for weeks. Waiting and waiting to be monogrammed.

All kinds a lumber. Just waiting.

Chandeliers screaming "clean me! Hang me!"
Huh. Don't hear many people saying "hang me."

A simple bookshelf that needs to be put together, and then some fancifying afterwards-- beadboard I need to cut and paint for the backing, and so forth.
I gotta whole corner of the garage (please pronounce "gay-rage") that's my lil work station dealy-o.

A shelf that needs to be repainted and hung- and a spraypainted frame.

Chalkboard that is 70% done. . . soo much to do. . . so little time. . .

Sorry computer. I still love ya. It's not you, it's me.

3 comments:

dena4kids said...

We will miss ya girl, but can't wait to see the pics after you are done! You have inspired me...Maybe I will get off my butt and do somethings I need to get done...nah.=)

WhettenWild said...

Maybe you should make a deal with Dad......I help you, you help me. Just kidding.

Have fun!

Andrea said...

I was just telling Jeremy last night that I need to stop having projects because I never get any housework done. I hear ya about ideas floating in the noggin. Why do we do this to ourselves? I do like the stripes though.