Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Tap tap, is this thing on??

Well since I'm talking to myself on here (oh wait, what's that mom? You read this every now and then? Well Hi mom!), I figure I can talk about me.

Me me me me me me me. Me.

-Hey look! I can see my feet again! Ooh I have an ankle bone again! Kinda. Sorta.

Looks like a need to paint my toe nails. Hey, I can reach my toe nails!

-I'm officially in my post-baby "lost my appetite" phase. I don't know why I go through this. Maybe it's 'cause I'm such a fatty and my body's telling me to slow it down. I threw away half my sandwich the other day (sorry Jeff it was the one you made me. It's not you, it's me.)

-My hair is now beginning it's falling out stage as well.
See?

Nah. No one needs to see a fistful of hair.

This here's my hand. Why am I taking these random pictures of me? Well, that's because I'm doing the "365 Days" creativity challenge, where each day you snap a pic, and somehow a part of you need be in it.

But back to my hand. That there ring is my "plump" hand ring. Normally, it rolls around my finger. Now (and the last 6 months) it fits snug.

But aside from post-partum topics,

-I realized, when I saw this T-shirt, that I'm all about pants.
Yes, I said PANTS. My favorite phrases include "Are your pants on fire?" and "Do you have ants in your pants?"

So naturally, this shirt has major appeal.

-The newest items added to my idea board:




Picking up on a theme here? Do you smell the next project?
Also,

and

and


Ideas-- just ideas.
Sweet, sweet ideas.

-I miss my NC girls. There I said it. Miss you like crazy. Call me.

-I had to laugh at dinner last night- the boys were talking about their friends. (Oh what? We had soft taco's. Thanks for asking.)
Jace kept referring to "Question", at church. I said "Question? Huh? That's his name?"
"Yep."
"Question?? Ohhh, do you mean 'Christian'? Is his name Christian?"
"Uh huh." Ah hah! Figured that one out. And then with Jamison, I asked who he sits by in Kindergarten.

"Sasha, Jack A$#. . . "
"Sorry, wha? Jack who?"
"Jack A$#."
"Wait a second. Jack, what? Ohhh. Jack 'S.' ?? You have two Jack's in class?"
Sometimes, it takes a little decoding. Sometimes.

-Did you know that I'm left handed? This means I do everything the opposite way- hold my phone to my left ear, hold my baby with my right arm (gotta have the left one free), turn to the left, etc. Left is Right, man!

-So I have this vein on my cheek. Little. Red. Looks like I've got a zit all the time. It's a vein, I assure you. I got it when I was preg with Jace. I'm thinking of hitting it over to the docs and having it removed with a laser. Is this vein? (hardee har har)

-I am currently reading any books I can find in old boxes. Stuff I haven't seen in years. I'm ready for something new. Suggestions are appreciated.

-Update: I once mentioned that I give my kids wedgies when they're misbehaving. I have since stopped this practice, as they think it's hilarious and ask for one. How is this a punishment? I ask you?

-This,

Plus this

= happy Mandi. It doesn't take much.

-And here we have me.

with a ridiculous facial expression. I was concentrating on getting me in the frame. And that hairdo is thee "not gonna see an adult today" hairdo. Why try?

9 comments:

Trina said...

Ok, LOVE the shirt! And the Jack A$# story is hilarious!! Also, that's a great picture of you - I wish my stay-at-home hair looked as good as yours!

Jessie said...

I think your hair is adorable curly!

WhettenWild said...

Poor Jack. LOL! I think your hair looks cute.........probably isn't an approved hairdo but I like it =)

dena4kids said...

LOL! I am with Monique. Poor Jack! They couldn't think of something else to call that poor kid?!
Your stay at home hair is my FAVORITE!( You know I love me some curls!)
Oh yeah and....WE MISS YOU TOO!!!!!!!!!!=)

dena4kids said...

I love the fireplace! It is BEAUTIFUL!

Renee said...

I love your hair!!! It is so beautiful...how do you get your bangs to do the swooping thing? I can't figure that out.

Love this post, your blog is so refreshing, makes me laugh so hard...

Hey, that fireplace is sweet by the way!

As for book suggestions, have you read the Bloody Jack series?

The Schoonies said...

you are beautiful! you are so good at the decorating stuff. really enjoyed this post.

Jacky said...

Nice to meet you, Mandi! I'm just stopping by because your "Wonder Woman" profile pic caught my eye over at the Nesting Place. I'm easily intrigued. =) So, hi!

And let me tell you, your "not going to see any adult today" hair looks absolutely LOVELY!! You should see my hair when I'm not going out. Actually, I take that back. You don't want to see it. Trust me. =)

I enjoyed this post. Since it's my first time stopping by your blog, it was nice to find some fun facts about you! Now if you'll pardon me for a moment, I'm going to go add you to my Reader. Maybe I'll see you again soon!

Blessings,
Jacky at {This Time Around}
onthistimearound.blogspot.com

Jen said...

We miss you too! I haven't been on blogger in forever! I love your new do! You'll have to fly back to NC so I can do your hair sometime. I always need curly hair to work with.