Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Addicted to decorating.

This house is looking more inhabited. In a good way- and then in some not so good ways. . .
But we're not talking about that today.
Remember this little um, project?

I have an obsession with chalkboard paint, apparently. I don't even want to talk about how the can of it fell from its shelf and onto my mudroom floor. Everywhere. Sniffle.
But anyway, my chalkboard tags:


And my flour and sugar.

And now I know that you're not supposed to completely seal off sugar. Makes it as hard as a rock. Did you know that? But I digress.

Behold my other obsession, namely, vinyl:


I'm driving my vinyl-cutter (aka my SIL) bonkers.

And then my obsession with old, vintagey-looking things.
Like my telephone-o.

Behold my most favoritest thing in my entire house. Bar none.


Ooh I heart you, clock.

I think I like words.


And old keys.



And I believe every home ought to have an old, beat up, european license plate.

Have I crossed the line from interesting to full out bizarre yet? That's okay. You don't have to like my weirdness.

And finally, after serious picture overload, I lurve this shelf. My dad made it years ago and asked if I was interested in it.

Oh, your gorg curves. Heck yes I want it. I painted it in black gloss (originally natural oak).
Added some vintage bling.

And gave it a little distress look with some sandpaper.

Man Jeff's a good sport to put up with my weird crap.

4 comments:

Renee said...

Oh my!! Mandi, I love all of it. Will you come over & give my house a makeover? Or tell me how I can make my home look better? WOW! I love vinyl too...And hey, did your dad make that phone? Don't they have one in the spiral staircase room, next to the door??

You should have Mo pick you up one of those cool Nauvoo keys. (We use the Nauvoo key for "santa's magical key")

WhettenWild said...

I love my clock too! THanks Rach! I like the coat hooks. That is so cute!

dena4kids said...

I looks AWESOME! I love all your ideas! I think I might have to borrow a few!=)

Dolly said...

I think I like letters too! :-)
Where did you find your EAT letters????
Love them!

Hugz, Dolly

come visit