Friday, August 21, 2009

What Jeff's been up to.

I made a little mistake.

One day before Jeff came home from NC, I pointed out the aquarium, sitting in the garage, to the boys.

It has been the most anticipated and talked about thing of the year. Perhaps to even exceed Halloween. Perhaps. We had this bad boy of an aquarium, long long ago. I can't believe none of my kids have even seen it. Has it been that long? Anyhoo, it's been "aquarium" this, and "aquarium" that for weeks. 'Cept Jace calls it something I can't quite figure out. It sounds slightly obscene, actually. The boys took turns calling Daddy on the phone to discuss the steps of getting it ready.

So daddy, wanting to please his boys, got to work on it right away. He sanded the stand he made for it and stained it a beautiful dark walnut. And the hours it took . . .

Let's not even talk about that.

And it was finally ready after 3 stains and 2 varnishes to be set up. Daddy set up the rocks, the plants, the driftwood, etcetera while the boys looked on. Let's talk about how long that took.

Ya know, let's say we did and then don't. Incidentally that was right prior to having Mckenna. Oh me and my random trivia.

Et voila.

Daddy took the boys to pick out some fish.

And for now, we've got about 20 teensy weensy lil fish. Just for now, while the water gets better PH levels, and the wheely filter gets better bacteria, er . . .something. Then we'll go for some cool ones.

7 comments:

Alissa said...

i remember your "insert slightly obscene word here"... looks great!

dena4kids said...

Awesome! Eliza wants to know what you named your fish.=)

Heidi said...

How fun! I know Autumn would love it too! The stand is really loverly!

WhettenWild said...

It looks great! It looks a lot different then it used to with the different stain. I like it.

I bet the boys think that is so cool. Now, how do you keep Johnny from trying to dive in?

Ryan and Rachel said...

Very cool. Now if your sweet hubby has an extra stand cuz that one is VERY impressive.

The Schoonies said...

looks nice:) ashlee raubach took our fam pics.

Renee said...

WOW...that is awesome! I love that dark stain...ya, that was random too.