Monday, June 15, 2009

We're in trouble.

BIG trouble. The second I saw the neighbor's new sign out back Sunday morning,

I knew it was meant for us. Without a doubt. Jeff said "What could we have possibly done?"

Hmm. Not sure- maybe there was a piece of water balloon that made it over the fence? That was my guess. Maybe she got bored, and she thought we had ambushed her house? Or her car? Maybe she's disgusted that Jace took a leak in the backyard?

Then when I saw her shake her head in absolute disgust in our direction, I knew. We really were in trouble. She was strutting around like a wet hen all morning, mad as could be. And I's going to find out. I marched on over.

It went a little something like this:

"Hey there! I can't help but notice you're pretty ticked at us. What did we do?"

"I just can't believe the utter disrespect your kids have had for my car. They're throwing stuff in my yard, they're chucking dirt behind them when they play in the garden, they're coming in my yard. . . "

"Oh no, they're not going in your yard. They do NOT play in your yard. And you're saying they are chucking dirt 20 feet behind them to hit your car?"

(no argument- she just drops both things)

"Well-- yesterday you just let them absolutely soak my car with the hose. The entire side was soaked!"

"I'm sorry if we got your car wet, but I promise you I was out here the whole time and it was never our intention to purposely soak your car. I never remember the water even going over the fence."

"I KNOW adults were out there. I can't believe the utter disrespect of adults out there not stopping the water from soaking my car. I'm VERY protective of my car and it's brand new- I don't feel like it can be safe now underneath my carport."

"I apologize for your car getting wet- believe me I didn't notice it going through the fence. No one intentionally soaked your car, believe me. If my kids were to ever throw something in your yard or purposely try and soak your yard I'd kick their butts and send them inside. But I have never, ever seen them do something maliciously. If you can bear with us, we're moving in 2 weeks and you won't have to worry about it. But until then, I will NOT forbid my kids to play in the backyard, nor will I police them and tell them to stay away from that side of the yard. If I ever see anything intentional, like I said, I'll kick their butts, but it's just not the case. And why didn't you just come out and say, 'hey, did you know you're getting my car wet?'"

Well, she's still mad. The sign's going to stay up as a warning. Are we butthead neighbors, if we did, in fact, "soak the whole side" of her car? Hmm, maybe I could make a peace offering of a new and improved sign?

Whadaya think?

9 comments:

dena4kids said...

I think you should soak her dumb sign also! That'll show her!!! Like water even hurts anything! She should be thanking you now she doesn't have to wash it! Some people..ungrateful JERK!=)

Renee said...

Guess what???

I talked to her & she said that her sister warned her about ya'll. You remember her sister right? The one that lived below you guys in your last apartment????

lol...

Good greif, Mandi...you poor thing. Some people just create drama for something to do...I'd be so happy to have you for a neighbor!! sorry that you have to deal with that...

Renee said...

Oh my gosh, I just noticed the sign said "this includes water"...ha ha ha ha ha ha ha...that is crazy!

Alissa said...

i hope her precious new car never ever gets rained on because then god will have HELL TO PAY. Oh wait...

WhettenWild said...

Wow. I guess she is a little protective of her car.

The Schoonies said...

ok, that is hilarious!

Jen said...

Holy cow! I think I may let Lucas take a leak in her yard the next time we come over. Heck, why not double the fun and let Tanner do it to? ROTFL! After they get through, I'll let them have the biggest glass of water, rehydrate and take a leak in the other neighbors yard. Sounds like a plan to me!

Heidi said...

that sounds awesome jen! HAHA
SO ridiculous of your neighbor!

Trela said...

Wait -- aren't most cars designed to be water proof? Maybe I just got a better deal on mine...