Monday, May 4, 2009

Attitude Adjustment.

Other worthy titles:
"Don't Worry Be Happy"
"Serenity Now"
"The Simple Things"
"Psycho Hose Beast"
"Cheese with my whine"


It's been about a week. No, two probably. I'm in a rut, man. I'm in full anti-cook mode, the patience levels are at all time lows, and the messy-house resistance sure feels futile. (See previous post referring to a mommy time-out.)

Could it be 'cause my underwear don't fit no more?

Or could it be 'cause we're up way too early and kids can be found in bed before daddy gets home at night? Or that we haven't had transportation for over a month and we're sick of this house? Or maybe it's my kids' whiney phase, or when they headed outside for church and decided to clean the hood of the car by sliding down it in their white linen pants, or when I heard from the organ Jamison and Jace yelling/fighting (LOUDLY) during the sacrament, or when Jace played jungle gym on the chairs the entire hour, or when Johnny pooped in the tub and everyone made a break for it, or when Jace brought me 3 more pieces off the blinds, or or or. . .

That's it; I've had it with this dump! We got no jobs, we got no food, our pets heads are falling off. . .
Okay that was all true, 'cept for that last paragraph.

Nothing's really wrong here. I don't want to feel like poo when poo's not happening. Well, 'poo' is, but figuratively speaking.

So I saw this idea(and I can't remember where). It's a "things that make me happy" sign. The simple, easy, little things. I's all up on that, and I put it on my idea board.


Oh fine. My "idea board" is just temporarily a file on my comp with pictures inside. Regardless,

there's no better time than now.

I'm very serious about every item on this. That includes nose-picking.
Hey, try this one out if you feel so inclined so I can see too, okay? Don't hold back, man. Obviously I didn't. You could go the easy route and wordle it:

But I like the other one better. For me.

And there's no better time than now to take pictures of the happy, smiley things in life. So that's what I'll be doing tomorrow. 'Cause poo happens. But so does other less smelly stuff, too.

3 comments:

dena4kids said...

Love it! I thought there would be more food things!(Just Kidding!=)

WhettenWild said...

That's so cute......and a good idea. Wanna come hang out with me? I'll watch your kids for you and loan you a car so you can do something fun.

Jen said...

I feel ya'! I love your Happy Lists! What a great idea! I'm going to have to try it!