Monday, April 20, 2009

I'm a Betty Crocker kinda gal.


See? I use it all the time. Some pages are already gettin kinda nasty-used looking (take the Ginger Snaps page, for instance. They are Jeff's fave).

I do wish I had this copy of it:

My mom's got it. It's the sweet 70's copy that has badical recipes you won't find in this updated version. Like Ribbon Sandwiches, Eclairs, and Fondue, for instance.

But anywho, I've got a lot of these floatin' around.

Loose recipes printed onto paper. You know how you have these set meals you cook like, all the time? You know how to do it. It's a staple in the family dinner rotation. You just can't quite remember if it called for 1/2 or 1/4 a teaspoon. Like my cheeseball recipe I've made a thousand times. Don't need too much garlic powder. Anyway, there's gotta be a better way to store these bad boys.

AND I knew if I thought hard enough I could figure out a way to use all the awesome brushes I've stored up for photoshop. Et voila.

They'll be printed, laminated, and go in the back of the folder.

It was so fun.

4 comments:

The Schoonies said...

my mom has the 70's betty crocker cookbook as well. it's a classic!

WhettenWild said...

I saw the 70's version cook book at a yard sale in El Paso. I wish I would've gotten it because I like that cookbook too!

My receipes are so unorganized. Good for you!

dena4kids said...

I love photoshop! Your recipes look AWESOME! I have got to get that!=)

Tiffany said...

I'll pay you to do mine! LOL Your blog is so cute Mandi :)