Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Pep Talk.

It's been a couple weeks now since that sighting of the nasty mouse. I had myself almost convinced that maybe there weren't any in the house anymore.

Almost.

We'd seen nothin', the mouse sensor thingys (that's the technical term) never went off, and every daggone trap was empty.

I pep talked myself these last few weeks. Now if you see one of them, you're going to git it. You WILL bludgeon it to death. I don't care if it's with your shoe. 'Cause you want your house back. And you're dang mad. You'll act like a man.

Well, I stood in my kitchen tonight, minding my own business, chopping up my ceasar salad, when I saw one peak it's nasty little head around my oven. And I acted.

Now keep in mind I cain't scream like a girl. All girls ought to be blessed with this talent, but I don't know how. So instead:

"Oh ma gosh oh ma gosh! THERE'S A MOUSE! Get it Jeffrey! Get it! GET IT JEFFREY!"
Oh, and he didn't get it, by the way. It slipped through the smallest hole known to man.

And I stood in the corner, frozen, kneading my hands in terror. Yep. Just like a man.

6 comments:

Jessie said...

Oh how I wish you had that scene on video! Thanks for the laugh. Sorry about the mouse...I feel for you, really.

Jen said...

Those dang things are nast! I'm sorry that Orkin didn't kill all of them for ya! I've found that peanut butter and the old school mouse traps work the best. The pesky little things really like the peanut butter. Put one behind the stove and I bet you'll catch one. Let me know if I can be of assistance in the matter. I'm great at setting those traps! LOL! I've only lost 2 fingers so far! ROTFL!

Renee said...

Oh my gosh, I almost fell out of my chair...from laughing (& then I did a quick sweep with my eyes around the border of the baseboards...kneejerk reaction to hearing the "M" word!)

I am SO SORRY that you haven't caught that nasty sucker. I agree with Jen, put some PB on the trap...it draws them to it. Good luck!

OH, & thanks for not posting a picture of the "M"...bleh!

dena4kids said...

LOL! This is one of those stories fun for me not so much for you! I would have done the same thing girl! I HATE mice!

WhettenWild said...

ROTFL! This is only funny because it wasn't me who saw the mouse. Compared to what my reaction would be.....you were BRAVE!

So did the mouse sensor thingy go off?

The Schoonies said...

I would do the same thing! Mice are gross. Last week a bird was in my mom's house and she was screaming the same way!