Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Not many things make me madder.

Is "madder" a word? Well anyway, Jace is so sick. So sick, that he hasn't moved in days, 'cept to go to the bathroom. I feel so sorry for him.

When my kids get this sick, they become completely and utterly unreasonable. Not so much Jamison- he's old enough, but the other two. He has got to take this.

Twice a day. 10 days. It's that citrus-y, bubble gum-y flavor dealy-o. I remember liking it as a kid. Smells fine to me.

He will not take it. Will not. And I am furious.

Begging, pleading, bribing, cajoling, hiding it in juice, plugging his nose, threatening, cursing, nothing. I even threatened him with the dreaded shot.

Nothing.
Like I said, I am SO mad/frustrated. Whoo. Breathe. Serenity now.

4 comments:

dena4kids said...

Good luck girl! Nate is the same way, he hates taking anything!

WhettenWild said...

I HATE that. I wish I had a good idea for ya...........

Jen said...

I'm sorry! My boys, thank goodness, will always (knock on wood) take medicine for me. I'm sure I will one day get a great spit in the face. I bet Ethan will be the winner of that round!

Renee said...

I've heard that pharmacies will add flavoring to make it more kid friendly...you could ask if your pharmacy does that. I've mixed in liquid medicine with applesauce...? That's a hard thing. Good luck...& hope Jace feels better!