Sunday, February 22, 2009

Can You Believe

I didn't take one picture of my family at those totally cool pools on our vacay this weekend? What is wrong with me? I's just too worried about where my camera was, if it'd get wet (in a very wet room), and keeping an eye on it. Well,

here's the view from our room (on the 11th floor):

And what a nice room it was. Course it was trashed in 5 minutes flat. Why is our room always a mess no matter how we try to put everything away?

Well, one thing I absolutely love about a lil trip is eating out. I don't go out often, 'cause Jeff goes out too often for work and it's no fun for him. And like the dork I am I had to take a picture of my favorite meal.

Ooh there's me in the mirror. With my awesome, post-pool hair. Probably has a greenish tint.

Starting the meal off right with a bucket full of grease:

And then:


Blue cheese. . . medium-well steak. . . aaaggg (Homer's drooling noise here).

Oh, and the kids got their meal in a frisbee to take home. What could be better?

(Note to self: leaving the leftovers of the kids meal in the trunk for 24 hours will make your entire car stanky).

The water was awesomely warm (and indoor) at the hotel (dang it all about pictures; Dena can you help me out here?), but when not swimming, why not take advantage of all that windyness?

Clearly,

I didn't have the right lens to take a cool person AND kite picture. Just not possible with this here lens.




The only downside of this trip:

Johnny got way sick. And he tortured us at night. Thanks for holding him so I could take some pics, Dena.
Oh, and my very favorite picture:

5 comments:

Jen said...

Looks like you guys had a great time!

Heidi said...

that's what i was going to say ! Sounds like fun and i would have enjoyed that meal too!

WhettenWild said...

Looks like you had fun. Does Dena have some pics of the waterslide part? I'd love to see it.
Love the beach pictures.

The Schoonies said...

ok, no fair that you posted all those delicious food pictures! you are making me very hungry on a monday! i love the last picture as well...you captured that really well!

dena4kids said...

I loved it there! I was sad to come home!=) I haven't looked on my camera yet, I don't think I got many pics because the pool room was so hot it fogged up my lens.=)