Sunday, March 1, 2009

This will not do.

I've been at a loss as to what to do with my mantle, post-holiday. It sat there, bare, for a while, and then I put some pictures up, which my kids promptly knocked over time and again. Then, it slowly became my dumping ground for mail.

Um yeah. Beautiful, huh?

Same thing happened with the piano.

Yeah. . . big dumping ground. Sheet music, books, etc. Very pretty. See, you know I'm keeping it real if I'm gonna show you a picture of disaster like that.

So we ran over to the store to fix this mess. And all I knew was I wanted a touch of yellow.

By the by, Hobby Lobby has some totally awesome stuff at 80% off.

I really like my weird, enlarged chess piece, hee hee.
Phew. That looks a little better. Shoulda done that a long time ago.

5 comments:

WhettenWild said...

Hobby Lobby rocks! I like your mantel.

dena4kids said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dena4kids said...

I like your black and white candle sticks. Was all of this on sale?

PS
"Look, the cala lillies are in bloom again."(Do you remember Pee Wee?)

Big Momma said...

So, where do you put the pile of mail now? Did Hobby Lobby have a yellow thing for that?

Jen said...

Isn't Sis. Craig just a funny little thing! We're so glad they're in our ward. Everything turned out great. Big fan of the map pictures.