Sunday, December 14, 2008

F-uuuuuudge-uh.

Got out my apron, 'cause Jamisons says you cook better when you wear it. Sweet. Maybe I should wear two for extra help? Well anyway, it's the season to gain 10 pounds and I've always wanted to be a christmas candy cooking queen. Say that 10 times fast.
So here's the f-uuuuudge. 'Cept I really did say "fudge". ;)
From posts2

Now, this here's my first time making caramels. Got myself a candy thermometer, and isn't it ginormous? Are they all this big, 'cause this thing looks like it should go right up a turkey's big ole. . .um, neck.
From posts2

And the caramel.
From posts2

I tell you, I watched that thermometer like a hawk, and somehow I still took it off the heat a tad too late 'cause it's ever so slightly too tough. But, BUT, it's still mighty delicious and no one's complaining. Never mind that it took a chainsaw to cut it up, hence the not so picturesque pieces. Oh, and it might loosen up a filling or two, but it's worth it, right?

5 comments:

dena4kids said...

Looks Good Girl! That is one thingI have never tried. It seems like too much work. I think I will try to make fudge though. We'll see.=)

Jen said...

Way to go Mandi! I don't think I'd have the patience for making Christmas candy with my little ones around. Looks great!

Andrea said...

I am impressed. I am attempting to make my Christmas goodies this week also, so I can be cool like you and say fuuuuudge!

WhettenWild said...

Oh man that fudge looks so good. Fudge is my favorite and I haven't had any this season. YUM!

The Schoonies said...

It is for sure the season to gain 10lbs. Candy is oh so tempting. Homemade carmels are the best and your fudge looks delish. You are one busy lady!
By the way will you please email me your address...thanks:)