Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The Thanksgiving Tree.

This here's our "thankful" tree. I thought it'd be fun for the kids to list the things they're grateful for on the leaves. At the very least, entertaining.
From posts2

At first the boys just weren't getting it, which is why random things like "NO" ,"nests" , and "cows" are on there for. Jace insisted on "NO". Well, I guess that's an important word, son.
Then, it started clicking. And the boys absolutely insisted the tree have:
From posts2

And then it became glaringly obvious that there's far too much gameage in this household.
From posts2

And then we got on the kick of food.
From posts2

Jace was very sincere about "bananas" and "milk". He should be, 'cause Jeff swears that you have to take a banana the minute they come through the door or you won't get one. Oh alright, fine. It's me that put Swedish Fish. They're just so delectable. And I better be putting it when I bought a ginormous bag for the trick or treaters and not a one went out the door. I horded, okay?
And on another sweet note, by far and away the most said by my boys:
From posts2

Aw.

6 comments:

Heidi said...

what a cute idea! that turned out very nice..what sweet boys

Jen said...

Very cute idea! I think we may try something like that today. Actually I'll probably just steal the whole idea. Hope you don't mind:-)

Jessie said...

so first off, i LOVE this idea. i will be copying too.

and secondly, is this an announcement? does "baby" mean something a growin' in your belly or is it in reference to johnny? if it's the first, then congrats!

The Schoonies said...

Your tree looks a lot better than ours! The leaves look so cute. We just drew a tree and have been writing on it. I love what your boys have been saying...too cute!
Happy Thanksgiving:)

dena4kids said...

Cute idea Mandi!!! Yep I am going to steal it too!!=)

WhettenWild said...

Hey I think I see my name on one of those leaves. Whoever wrote that made my day!