Monday, November 24, 2008

The Spanksgiving Meal.

At least that's what I thought Jace was saying. That, or Skanksgiving. But I got him to say it a couple times slowly, and figured out that he was saying "Skipsgiving". Now that's funny too, but not nearly as much as Spanksgiving. Anyway,
This year will be our 5th year in a row on our own for Thanksgiving, away from family. It hasn't bothered me before but for some reason this year it bugs a little. Maybe that's a sign we're meant to go home; not sure. But we're gonna try and keep it simple:
From posts2

List courtesy of Jamison. I'm not going to point out #3 on there. It just sounds. so. wrong. I sure as heck didn't wanna inform him of misspelled words, 'cause heck, we'd have to start all over. again. Where does this kid get his perfectionism from? Sure as heck ain't me.

And of course, my curious (read: frugal/cheap) nature wanted to know the cost on all of this, so here's the breakdown of our simple-ish Skipskiving meal:

Turkey: $15.97 (not including the .50 per hour to cook it)
Stuffing: .99 (I'm a Stove Top kinda gal)
Mashed Potatoes: $4.97
Cranberry Sauce: .89
Veggie Tray (carrots, celery, olives, dip): $3.42
Rolls: $2.99
Pumpkin Pie with whipped cream: $5.12

Grand total: $34.35
Huh. Maybe we really shoulda gone to Golden Corral. But then I wouldn't have leftovers. But then I wouldn't have to clean up the huge mess I'll make.

6 comments:

WhettenWild said...

Jamison is so cute! Sounds like a yummy meal.

Alissa said...

I'm SO glad that we're getting together with only family-less friends. I just can't stomach the thought of paying so much for ONE meal.

Jessie said...

Come back home and you'll get that Turkey free from the DG!

Happy Spanksgiving!

dena4kids said...

Golden Corral sounds good to me!! I am all for it!

Jen said...

that vaggie tray sounds great. nothing like a lot of fresh vagat thanksgiving!

The Schoonies said...

Have a great Thanksgiving! And have fun cooking. Are you really moving back here??