Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I'm 29 today. I'm good.

No more birthdays for me, thanks. I'll stay right here. 29 is the best age, right? Not too old, not too young?
From posts2

It was a toss up between "Eat Me" and "Bite Me" and for some reason this one won at the last moment, tee hee. Yes, I decorated my own cake. I need some practice obviously! I got "help" from the boys. This angle minimizes the damage done to it by poking elbows, toothpicks and other assorted kitchen items. Don't you find that cooking with little ones is a serious patience tester? But anyway,
Picture it. . . 1979. My dear mother has been in labor for 8 hours already. She turns to a technician at the hospital and says "how much longer??" and he says something along the lines of "Gee, I don't know. It could be days, even months before they release them." --He's referring to the Iran hostage crisis, of course. And then that's when you grab whatever you can reach and huck it in his direction, right?

9 comments:

dena4kids said...

Girl you crack me up!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! It doesn't matter how old we get because in our minds we will always be 21!!!(OK in my case I am more like 15.heehee)

I know why bite me won...you are ready for TWILIGHT!! 8 days, 15 hours and 33..32...31..seconds to go!!!!=)

dena4kids said...

Oh yeah, I think your cake looks great! You did better than I
could!=)

Heidi said...

hope you have a great birthday...i hate having to make my own birthday cake..your looks good.

WhettenWild said...

The cake looks better than if I would have done it! Happy Birthday! One more year in your 20s. Don't worry, the 30s are the best. Ask Dad.

Trina said...

Happy Birthday! I love the cake!

The Schoonies said...

happy, happy birthday to you from me!!!
hope you have an awesome day!
Ash

Jessie said...

Happy 29th! Enjoy the celebration and the cake!

Big Momma said...

Happy Birthday! There's lots of fun to come. As my Whetten cuz said, the 30's are great! And I think Sister Provancha makes the 80's look fun!

Jen said...

HAppy Birthday again! Hope you get something you really want! I love the cake!