Saturday, October 18, 2008

Scissors & Toothpicks

I've had 4 migraines in my entire life that I can remember. One when I was in high school (during dance practice; it was a dress rehearsal-- the loud music and flashing lights. . . gah), one in '05, and 2 in the last 6 months, one being yesterday. Gah again. Is this a sign of things to come if I've had 2 in so short a time? What even causes this? Did I do something? There I was, minding my own business, making some delicious peanut butter and apricot jam sandwiches for us all when I noticed a totally annoying flashy flashy in both my eyes. It was there even with my eyes closed; I could barely even see out of my right eye.
So, in my worried state I called my dear hubby and asked him to call his dear bro, who is an optometrist (and the poor man has had probably about 5 calls from me or Jeff with a worried question), to ask his opinion. Now, I felt completely fine-- just the annoying flashy flashy. Well, Jeff didn't answer, and it went away after 20 minutes or so. Huh. Strange. Then methoughts: man there is a kink in my neck. So I did a little neckroll. Big mistake. a headache began immediately and got steadily worse. Why is this? Well stupid me; I was all geared up for taking the boys for pumpkins, so I did it. And by the time they were actually picking 'em I was all for doing nothing but working on making the pain stop and getting my rear home.
I begged Jeff to come home- it took over an hour, but he did get here. Jace was playing with the scissors, apparently, and Jamison had out the toothpicks and was building a fort in the couch. Well, I guess there's worse things, right? Like, say, kitchen knives and matches?

3 comments:

Jen said...

I hope you don't get another one of those things! They suck! I hate migraines!

dena4kids said...

Mine come on when I haven't drank enough water and when I get really stressed. I hate the flashy flashy in front of the eyes. I can't believe you took the boys out. Man that must have really sucked. Did you get your pumpkin?

Heidi said...

that totally sucks! migranes are the worst!