Monday, September 22, 2008

Not-so-white whites

Calling all laundresses. I've got a problem/question. It all started when we first moved here (the demolition part of Jeff's job):
-Jeff's whites were coming home not-so-white. In fact they were completely gray. Not just kinda gray; gray gray. Was it the dust in the air during demo? One cannot really say, but washings/bleachings did nothing. Well his grays infected my whites. My whites became my grays. We ordered Jeff completely new whites. Now I didn't know my grays were grays until compared to Jeff's new whites. Now my grays are infecting his whites. How can I stop this disease? Start all over with ALL new whites? This is getting to be an expensive contagion.

5 comments:

Jessie said...

I've always relied on the bucket of Oxy Clean for serious stains (like blowouts). Maybe you could try that.

I can't believe that bleach doesn't help!

Sound like the cure may be a new job! ;)

The Schoonies said...

good luck with that one...keeping whites whites is a challenge! i remember my grandma was a pro at it...her socks never looked like they had even been worn. i wish i knew her secret!

dena4kids said...

I would try oxy clean. I used that along with bleach to get them white. Good luck girl! You know my theory, throw them all away so you don't have to do laundry!(wouldn't it be nice...sigh=)

Jen said...

I have no idea how to solve this problem. Maybe wrap him in plastic wrap before he puts his clothes on and that'll help..lol!

Renee said...

BIZ! It's an expensive little box...well, not really. It's about $7 & you only use a little at a time...but dude, it totally works. It even removed a stain I had on my khaki skirt for over a year... Good with whites...good with stains... Good luck!