Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Waste Not, Want Not

They've made it through the rain. Check out this little outfit:



And it's still going strong (never mind that every child has slobbered down the front of it). Or how 'bout this outfit?


(Psst if you're a kids clothes snob close your eyes for the next sentence! I bought that at Kmart. I wonder if we can still be friends?)
And then there's the not-so-lucky. Jamison's woobie from Aunt Monique:

It's been everywhere. And I do mean everywhere. Including D.C.:

That poor little blankie bit the dust last year. It was so thin it was see-through from millions of washings and had holes.
Which brings me to Jamison's other woobie that Jace has now adopted (not pictured). It's an adorable bright yellow number my friend Ashlie made for him. Sadly, I realized it too has seen better days the last time my mom visited.
"Jace is asking for his blanket. Which one is it?" she asked when she helped Jace to bed.
"The solid yellow one."
"I don't see any yellow one but there is a green one here."
Well, not everything lasts through 3 boys.

6 comments:

WhettenWild said...

I can't believe that orange and blue outfit I gave Jamison is still kicking around. Garrison had one just like it.

Jessie said...

Impressive!

The Schoonies said...

hand me downs are the best! and you can't beat the power of a blanket...jack has one that he is so attached to and i can never wash it enough!

Jen said...

Ethan is wearing clothes that Lucas wore as a baby! Hey, Kmart ain't so bad!

dena4kids said...

I love the hand me down baby clothes. The girls have tried to give their brothers the hand me down easter dresses.heheee the boys don't care for it themselves.=)

Renee said...

First things First... You just Quoted Alice "waste not, want not". Have you read BD?

Second... Hand-me-downs are the best! :)