Thursday, July 31, 2008

Nothing To See Here.

("Picture it: Sicily, 1962. . . " Oh come on! You know that show is entertaining .) My backyard, 2008. I headed on out for a little bit o' sunshine.

(Me in bathing suit not {ever} included.)
Witness my trashy yard. As is typical, my boys came on out and asked me for something or other on a 5 minute basis. Jace asked if he could "play Nick Jr.?" Sure, bud. And I'd had it. I was sick of squintin' and sweatin', so methinks it's shower time. One problem: Jace locked me out. Ah crap. Oh well, they're bound to come on out and ask me a question in 4 minutes anyways, right? Wrong. 15 minutes goes by. 20. 25. Dang it I'm hot! I start with the discreet knocking. Then the loud crazy banging on the sliding glass doors. Notta. I already know you can't hear a darned thing from the sunroom to other parts of the house (never mind that the house could probably fit inside most of your basements). Oh man! Don't make me go to the front yard and stand on my porch in my swimsuit and ring the doorbell! Ah shazbutt. I head on around. "Nothing to see here people!" Or rather nothin' ya wanna see. Ding dong. Jamison: "Mom! Someone's at the door! Mom! MOM!" Dang it I've got him trained well. I really did start with the whisper. "Jamison it's me open the door!" Then the hiss. And the paranoid glance behind me.
Lesson learned: bring keys.

6 comments:

dena4kids said...

Oh girl!! heeheheee.. I can just see you now! Aren't kids fun? =)

WhettenWild said...

Of course they wouldn't come ask you a question when you WANT them too.

Don't feel bad, I once fell out of a tanning bed when I was trying to squeeze out a 6 inch space because the electricity went off.

By the way, nice usage of double paranthesis. Good thing Renee reminded us of the proper usage.

Jen said...

OMGosh! How funny! I think I would've died. I need to train Lucas a little better cause as soon as our doorbell rings, he's rusing to the door to see who's coming to play! Scary sometimes...like when the pizza delivery girl came today and Lucas yells out as he's opening the front door, "Hey mom, the pizza guy is FINALLY here!"

Jen said...

OMGosh! How funny! I think I would've died. I need to train Lucas a little better cause as soon as our doorbell rings, he's rusing to the door to see who's coming to play! Scary sometimes...like when the pizza delivery girl came today and Lucas yells out as he's opening the front door, "Hey mom, the pizza guy is FINALLY here!"

Renee said...

That is hilarious! Dang, at least the good part is that you know your kids won't open the door to strangers! hee hee


Monique, I think a post of your "falling out of the tanning bed" is a great idea. That sounds like a funny story.

The Schoonies said...

Oh, don't you hate it when the actually listen and obey the rules!! Thanks for sharing:)