Thursday, July 3, 2008

Bad Dweams, No Naps, & Other Bedtime Stories

I had a post months ago that never left draft form. It went a little something like this: Ya see this swing? My little babe'll sleep the afternoon away in there. 3 hours or more. How lucky am I? Blah bluh bleh blah blah. Guess who's nappin' now? No one. Except for mommy occasionally in the late afternoon (a 5 minuter). You heard me right. Jamison gave up the nap 2 years ago. Jace in the last 3 months or so gave it up as well. And Johnny? He thinks all he needs are one or two 20 minute naps a day, and that's it. Oh the sorrow. That precious, quiet, mommy time is gone. And ya know what else is gone? the sleeping in. My older two are up at 7:00 am or earlier. This makes for one loooong day.
We're also going through a bad "dweam" stage. Boys waking with a scream and an elephant stomping run to our room in terror. Both older boys woke me once each the other night, and one of them ended up sleeping on our couch in our bedroom the rest of the night. I'm feelin' kinda tired lately.
Other bedtime stories:
The Good:
Jace conked out at 6:00 pm to wake up at 8:00 am the next morning.
The Bad:
Johnny often wakes up half the family in the 5:00 hour.
The Ugly:
Yesterday Jace's bad dweam about spiders woke him up at 4:30 am and he never went back to bed. Now THAT is a long day from you know where.
Lastly, there's no need to buy summer jammies this year- they ain't wearin' 'em. They insist on sleeping "nudie".

Jace really was sleeping like that. Looks comfortable, no? I moved him, post-shot. What kinda mom do you think I am?

4 comments:

dena4kids said...

Johnny looks so sweet in his swing!Awwwee...sigh...where has the time gone? I love undi-roo shots... heehee. I think it is fitting that Jace's are his halloween ones!=)

Jessie said...

I'm so sorry! Forget a cruise or a sight-seeing vacation, you will be needing a sleeping vacation pretty soon!

I love the sleep shots! I hope the bad dweams go away.

WhettenWild said...

It looks like he is saying his nightly prayer to me. Alexia has fallen asleep like that too. Then again, we find her UNDER her bed as well. ha ha.

Jen said...

If we found our boys sleeping where we think they "should" be, that would be something next to amazing!