Monday, June 2, 2008

Up, Up & Away

My boys are always wanting their blanket or comforter on their shoulders these days. It's "my cape!" and then it falls off 5 seconds later and they come back for me to tie it back on. So, I tried being all Holly Homemaker, and decided maybe, just maybe I could make them capes! Now I know you super-sewing-smart-A's out there are thinking "Dude. That is like thee most easy thing to make." Well, hmm not for me, okay? So I looked online.Isn't that adorable?? Incredi-J! Oh ma gosh. I'd buy those if I was made of money. They're minimally $25. I like 'em but not that much. This site even has adult capes. Yeah. Say it with me: NERDY. Jeff said "you mean like capes for those role-playing people at the park in Provo?". Yep. Like that. You could be a cape-wearing family of nerds:

(Chile is their dog. I am, unfortunately, serious.)

Anywho, I bought some cheap fabric at Walmart. How cheap? $2 a yard cheap. And you know what? One of the queens of sewing, a.k.a, the bishop's wife, said she'd sew them for me. How lucky am I?


That's decent for $4 total, right? I'm happy about it. Jamison said to me "So we can fly with these now?" My response: "Um what? Oh yeah. Sure. WAIT what did you say?? No no no! Please don't try to fly. Like, ever."

5 comments:

Jessie said...

Your pictures are SO colorful! Love the capes! You better keep an eye on those flyers for awhile.

dena4kids said...

Love 'em! Great job on the capes! I need some for Noah! Great idea!

WhettenWild said...

Those are so cute! I bet they are having so much fun. Isn't that cape and incredibles cape? I thought the rule on the Incredibles was "NO CAPES!" ha ha.

Emily said...

How fun. I wish I was the type that could just whip out a costume for my child. I'm lucky if I can find a needle and thread when I need it.

The Schoonies said...

Very cute! No worries you are not the only person out there that has no clue about sewing. I wish I would have learned more from my grandma. I am not sure if my brain works like that!