Saturday, June 7, 2008

Saturday Is A Special Day

It's the day I don't make my kids do school and they can watch all the Saturday morning cartoons they want. Speaking of which, I hope my boys seeing Jerry with a swarm of obviously girl mouses in love with him will clear up that mouse gender confusion. But I digress.
Jeff's at work, which is the norm. I hoped to sleep in, and as luck would have it the boys were awake and at 'em before 6:30 am. Oh, the humanity. Consequently, it's a lazy morning. They're both in their underwear, simultaneously watching tv and jumping on the couches. Clever advertisements have already caused my boys to ask if they can go to McDonald's 3 times and Jace had a fit when I told him that no, he could not have ice cream for breakfast. We compromised on a PB & J (no, not Pam Beesley & Jim) sandwich, which he promptly ate half of and handed the other half to JOHN. You heard me right. As I was buttering toast for Jamison, Jace came in proudly sing-songing and cheering that he shared his peanut butter sandwich with my 7 month old. NOOOOOOO!!! Of all the things to share with him, dude. That's the ONLY one I don't want. Well, he seems to be okay. . . after getting over the shock of me tearing that balled up sandwich out of his fist and wiping off the Peter Pan Peanut butter from his hands and face.
It's a hot one today. You'll find me outside by that little pool trying to get a little sun on this ghastly white bod. And the yard is in serious need of a mowing, so peace out.

5 comments:

Emily said...

wow I don't know how you do it. Sounds like your hubby works a lot. I would lose my mind. We'll trade weather. i think we are supposed to get to a toasty 63 or 64 today. We're having a heat wave!

dena4kids said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dena4kids said...

Don't you just love boys!hehee me too. Well I guess it was nice of Jace to share right? Kudos for that Jace.=) BTW what's wrong with ghastly white? I like it myself.

The Schoonies said...

I hope your Saturday turned out good. Loved the PB&J part of the story and asking to go to McDonalds. Sounds so familiar!

Jen said...

Sounds like my house. Tanner is always trying to feed Ethan something. Like when Ethan was a couple weeks old and he thought that he needed a cheeto....