Sunday, June 15, 2008

The Proper Care And Feeding Of Husbands

Roast, mashed potatoes and gravy, steamed carrots, scrambled eggs with cheese, sausage, cinnamon rolls, ginger snaps, cheesecake with strawberries, beef pot pie, and curry chicken. Nope I didn't make all that for one meal but I have/will be making/made it for the last few days. They're Jeff's favorites. It's Father's Day weekend/our anniversary treatment. Aren't I a nice wife for making curry chicken when it makes me want to hurf (barf+hurl=hurf)? And also breakfast in bed really really early before church? Man that was hard getting up that early. And man I'm lazy. The boys wrapped his presents (and the "wrapping" was a mess but it's the thought that counts):
1. 2 pairs of jeans (he goes through a lot of clothes at work; sometimes it's a nail that catches, sometimes it's a spill, or welder's sparks burning them, etc)
2. one shirt
3. pistachios
Hmm not very fun, huh? He was very kind and tried his clothes on right then and there, and they do fit, so score one for me.
He does also get a back rub. What am I saying? He asks for a back rub every night and usually gets it. Well, he's worth it. Any man who lets me do about whatever I want, jumps up to change a poopy diaper with a "No I've got it", and put's up with my crap on a daily basis is worth much more than that :).

5 comments:

Jen said...

Amen! A "No I've got it" attitude from your DH will take you far in life. I wouldn't know what to do!lol!

WhettenWild said...

We had roast and cheesecake (even with strawberries) yesterday as well. I gave Conal pretty much the same things you gave Jeff as well. Hmmm....are we related or something?? =)

I hope Jeff had a great fathers' day. I think that is so cute that the boys wrapped the presents.

dena4kids said...

You had me at the "no I got it"!heehee. I hope Jeff enjoyed his day! We had to get up way early for the breakfast in bed, and be at church to practice our song. What were we thinking?=)

Mandi said...

Good point 'cause that song was making me so uptight I couldn't even enjoy the breakfast! What were we thinking?

The Schoonies said...

It sounds you have one busy lady cooking the past few days! All of the food sounds good:) Cheesecake must have been the desert of choice because we had that as well only with raspberries!