Sunday, July 27, 2008

Inner Turmoil

"Man, when should I have our 4th baby? I'd like Johnny and little "it" to be close in age, like Jamison and Jace. Hmm."
"Well you're runnin' out of time on that one."
"I know I know. But holy crap, didn't I just do this? Wasn't I just pregnant? Didn't I just give birth? For crying out loud I still have a couple pounds to lose. Oh MAN. I don't want to be pregnant again and oh soo fat. Ew. I want to be able to pick up whatever I want. I wanna take ibuprofen when I have a headache. Eat soft cheese. I wanna wear my swimsuit and my normal clothes. I hate pregnancy pants! I hate them!"
"Um isn't your weight kind of a selfish/stupid thing to consider when family planning here? Duh."
"Well, yeah. Shut up. I don't like feeling depressed, either. And I DON'T want to be pregnant during the summer. That is soo miserable. Plus, Jeff said it'd be really cool if I wasn't pregnant the next time we moved so I could actually help and he didn't have to drag everything by himself. Hmm."
"Um, again: stupid."
"Shut up. But can I handle 4 kids in 5 years? I just don't know. Arg. I'm already mean mom too much as it is. I'd have to buy a van which I was plannin' on doing anyway, but when I moved home, not here. Who wants another car to move from one end of the country to the other?
"Oh is that a cookie? Yum. Where was I? Well, whatever."
So, it's just me who chats with themselves in their head, huh?

5 comments:

Emily said...

I feel your pain. I want another one but I definitely don't want to be pregnant again just for the fact that I don't want to get fat. If they could be delivered on my door step that would be great! And after all we were just pregnant. Our babies are not even one yet.

Jen said...

ROTFL!!! I talk to myself ALL the time. Sometimes I don't know which voice to listen to since there are so many!lol! I feel ya' on the whole pregnancy thing! Ethan will be 1 in September. Somedays I feel like I should be preparing myself for the last and final edition to our family, but then reality sets in and one of those voices in my head tells me how crazy I am for even thinking that I need another boy right now!

The Schoonies said...

You are definitely not the only one who chats with themselves in their head...do it all the time and sometimes I catch myself rambling the thoughts out loud...I just hope that those moments are when I am by myself!

dena4kids said...

I feel ya girl. I hate being pregnant in the summer! It is nice to have the kids close, but then that is just more diapers to change.YUCK! I don't know
I think you will just feel when it when the time is right. Of course your not alone talking to yourself. Around here I am the only person who will listen to me, my kids certainly don't!=)

WhettenWild said...

I always talk to myself. I've got to talk to another adult sometime right? ha ha.

I don't think I'll give you any advice on the baby thing. I'm only 3 weeks out and being pregnant sounds awful at the moment.