Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Heat Wave

Embrace the heat. Embrace the sweat. Embrace the heat. Embrace the sweat. Sorry. Just chanting to myself, 'cause it's hotter than you know where in my house. I do enjoy warmth don't get me wrong, but it's been 100 degrees the last 5 days or so, and it's very humid. In short, it's a swassy summer already. AND most importantly, the air conditioner is not working properly. Well, at least I think it's not working right. Would it be working right when my living room says it's 85 degrees at 4:00 in the afternoon? Heck, I was pregnant last year during the summer and I felt hot but I sure ain't remembering it saying 85 in the living room. Also, being really really hot brings out the devil in me. I'm full of rage while I'm cooking dinner in my hot kitchen, just making it worse while I've got the oven and the stove running. Hmm, maybe we'll have cereal tonight, with ice water and popsicles for dessert. Excuse me. I'm going to go stick my head in the freezer for a bit.

5 comments:

Jessie said...

This calls for ice cream and nakedness.

The Schoonies said...

Good luck with the heat! I know what you mean about cooking dinner in a hot house...not fun. I think when it gets too hot I stop functioning! I will think of you when we are back to 60 degrees tomorrow with wind and rain!

dena4kids said...

what is wrong with the air? I would die! My air is working fine and I am ready to kill everyone!=)just kidding?

Jen said...

I feel your pain. I thought I was gonna pass out from a heat stroke when we got home from our trip. Come on over to our house and cool off anytime. Our air is finally working great!!!

WhettenWild said...

I feel sorry for you guys. It's been over 100 here but its DRY heat. It's actually pretty tolerable as well.....even at 8 months pregnant.