Monday, June 9, 2008

Artsy Fartsy/Potty Training

I shall not discuss potty training much in this post; I'm a firm believer in potty training karma; what I am discussing today is how it worked well last time to have a little poster for Jamison to put a sticker on every time he made it to the can, and I wanted to do one for Jace this time, too. So, I waited for Jeff to be home. Why? Well first off and most importantly: I got no art skills. None. And also, 'cause he whipped this out in 5 minutes, just using some crayons:
It's CandyLand meets a little Halloween. If ya don't know by now my kids are obsessed with Halloween all year around, hence the addition of traveling through the spider-webby caves at the start. At "finish" he gets to go to good ole Chuck E Cheese. He's so excited. A while back, post-accident, I quietly pulled off a sticker as the consequence, and you'd have thought I was cutting his arm off by the way he responded. Pretty effective, no?

5 comments:

dena4kids said...

Love the poster. Good job Jeff!
That is how we got our girls to go potty. It worked great. Your nice to take him to Chuck E. cheese. All Eliza got was a barbie.heehee

WhettenWild said...

That is so cute! Jeff always does such a good job on those kind of things. Do you have a picture of the Fathers' Day cake he that he helped us with or the ice cream watermelon?

Emily said...

Not a bad idea. I may have to try that.

The Schoonies said...

That's a great idea! Love the poster...Jeff is very talented!

Jen said...

Hey, If Jeff is taking orders then I'd like to place one. LOL! That's the best idea. I wish I could get Tan the man potty trained.