Tuesday, June 17, 2008

8 Years Later

Today is our anniversary, and it's been an eventful 8 years. I weighed 118 pounds in that wedding picture, by the by. That'll never happen again. Unless there's a seriously long famine.
My one comment to myself:
-Let us never be the couple, 20+ years married, able to again go to dinner just the 2 of us, and stare past each other at the table with no conversation to make.


Sadly, this is about all we've got of the 2 of us. Well, we always do have the ones where one of you holds the camera as far way from you as possible, but those generally don't turn out too well.
In short:
-Starting out with 1 semester of college left for me, 5 left for Jeff, and then,
-3 cars,
-3 jobs,
-6 different bank accounts,
-50 million resumes,
-1 career,
-7 residences (3 houses, 4 apartments),
-5 states,
-8 wards,
-1 house of our very own,
-many, many trips,
-3 pregnancies (and one destroyed stomach),
-& 3 baby boys,
later. Here we are. And I like him more now than I did then.

11 comments:

dena4kids said...

Don't you guys look cute! So sweet!Any big plans? What time are you bringing the kids over?or do you want me to watch them at your house?

dena4kids said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
WhettenWild said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

118 pounds? What the heck? Isn't that what you are supposed to weight in like 9th grade or something?

Mandi said...

Yes it was-- and it was only 'cause I was a starving student. (A diet of mac & cheese and ramen'll do that).

Jen said...

Happy Anniversary! Hope you have a great day! Bring the boys over here before Jeff gets home and surprise him with something!

Emily said...

Happy Anniversary. Looks like you guys have had some fun times.

Jessie said...

Happy Anniversary!

And Mandi, Mac & Cheese and Ramen does NOT make you weigh 118...I'm living proof of that. I think it's more in the genes.

Mandi said...

Well it was more the "starving" part with the lack of any nutrition besides those 2 things, hee hee.

The Schoonies said...

Happy Anniversary! We are so similar...both married eight years and we are almost caught up to you in the kid department!
Hope you had a great day!

Andrea said...

Happy Anniversary! Already eight years?? And I can attest that you did weigh that much you were always and still are a skinny one!! That dress was like what a size nothing? Anyway, congrats you guys do something good for yourselves.

arianne said...

love all the pictures!! I just realized you were married the SAME day as my niece and nephew. I wonder if we saw you at the temple that day!! how weird!!!