Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Won't you be my neighbor?

I'm going all Betty Crocker on y'all! I'm actually making an effort to cook! Not just cooking to have something decent to eat, but I'm actually enjoying it! Check out some of my line up from the last two weeks:
-Chicken Marsala
-Chicken Parmigiana
-Russian Chicken
-Lemon Chicken & Egg-fried rice
Picking up on a pattern here? Chicken did happen to be the only meat we had until we got our buns on over to Costco. And have you SEEN what they do to those chickens?? I don't know, but it's delicious! Anyway, I'm a 20-item-list-of-meals-on-a-rotation kind of gal, and all (but one) of those up top are new for me. See, I'm making an effort! I hope the feeling lasts. . . it hasn't the last times.
I made strawberry freezer jam (thanks for the suggestion ladies :), and then I made extra and sent it over to the neighbors who actually like us. Yep it's a little butt kissing, what can I say? I mean after all we do have our "other" neighbor who doesn't like us because we raise kids instead of a garden. I gotta stay in good graces with the hood.
And last but certainly not least, I made homemade bread last week. It looked exactly like this:

NOT. It wasn't all that pretty, BUT it did still taste pretty good. Dude, kneading bread is a freaking workout! Why do we knead to need bread? Er I mean need to knead it? My arms were really sore. Maybe I should do it every other day and get toned arms. Making bread could really help with anger management, by the by. Take it out on the dough. Punch the crap out of that son of a . . .oh crap where's my phone.

7 comments:

Jen said...

Good for you! I wish I felt like being Betty Crocker off spring! N

Jen said...

P.S. I love your May pictures! You do an amazing job...Love the close up of Ethan! When we get back I want to get you to take some family pictures for me, If you want...I'll pay ya too!

Mandi said...

I would LOVE to take your pictures but you're not paying me. I don't know jack crap yet. So then if you don't like them you can just fire me :).

Jessie said...

That apron sure must be coming in handy! It all sounds delicious!

ANd I must agree that your pics are looking AMAZING!

The Schoonies said...

All of your meals sound great...wish you lived closer and we would invite ourselves over for dinner!! I know what you mean that sometimes it seems so easy to cook and be creative and other times is seems like no fun at all!
Oh by the way I forgot to tell you yesterday...Jess Bishop took our family pictures from the Mother's Day post.

dena4kids said...

Girl you so crazy! I need to make up a meal plan so my kids aren't eating crap! I want to try to make sis. craig's bread recipe too. I have an anger problem.Actually 4 of them.j/k=)

WhettenWild said...

That actually IS what my bread turns out looking like. All perfectly shaped and brown. JUST KIDDING. I can't make a decent loaf of bread to save my life. I've tried a million different times with different receipes. Maybe I will have to try your receipe.