Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Dental Torture

Um. Huh. I kinda went irate on the dentist's after-hours answering service a moment ago. Let me explain myself! No, there is too much. Let me sum up. I'm gonna give you the reader's digest condensed CONDENSED "bulleted" version, 'cause if you're like me you get bored and skip to the end right about mid-s-. . . .
-Jeff's 1st visit. "You need a new crown." "Oh. Okay."
-Temporary put on. Crown mold sent to lab.
-Temporary breaks. New temporary
-Temporary Breaks. New temporary
-Temporary BREAKS. NEW temporary
-Crown broken by dentist, new temporary.
-TEMP BREAKS SAME DAY. NEW TEMP.
-NEW TEMP. AGAIN.
-Other side of mouth (only side being used) gets an infected molar.
-New crown comes in. Doesn't FIT. NEW TEMP., AND
-Infected tooth SO bad it gets yanked out of his mouth.
Yep. He brought that tooth home in a bag. And it looked. Like. THIS:
Just kidding. But he really did bring it home. And it is gross. And he told me it was pretty traumatic. This coming from the guy who says everything "wasn't that bad". One visit ago he did get $35 in gift certificates for dinner. Oh and everything besides the original 2 visits are free. But I freaked out when they forgot to send him home with pain medication & antibiotics afterward, and I called and they said they'd call them in to the pharmacy and THEY DIDN'T. I'm justified, right? Poor. Poor. Jeffrey.

6 comments:

WhettenWild said...

AHHH!! The poor guy hates the dentist anyway. He isn't even finished yet either. How many trips did today make it?

The Schoonies said...

It sounds like Jeff was a pretty good sport. Trent would have been freaking out...he HATES the dentist. It is the big joke in our family because he thinks he is being tortured when they floss his teeth during a cleaning!!!
Good luck on still getting a new crown.

Mandi said...

Did anyone notice that bottom picture is from Pee Wee's Big Adventure?? You know: "Tell 'em Large Marge sent ya." ?

Emily said...

Poor guy. I HATE the dentist.

dena4kids said...

I can't believe they didn't call the pharmacy! What is wrong with them?!!!!I might not even go back!

Matt said...

Nice "Pee Wee's Big Adventure" reference. I knew I'd seen the picture before, but it wasn't until the "Looked. Like. This." line that I got it and laughed my keister off. Well done . . . Well done.

Oh, and nice "Little Shop of Horrors" picture. I just had two cavities filled myself this week. But Jeff's dentist misery beats mine, for sure.