Thursday, April 3, 2008

Not All Toys Are For Boys

I've got permission, and I'm gonna run with it. I'm going to buy myself a nice camera. That one up there in fact. I'm so excited! Nope I have no idea what it takes to be a good photographer, but I'm learning. I love LOVE taking pictures and I take tons, so why the heck not own a decent camera, right? I hope to get real good (yeah right- we'll see). Just as a hobby- no business venture or anything like that.
My dad does know a lot about cameras (and thanks Jess for the suggestion!), so of course I gave him a call quite a while back. I said to him, "Yeah I don't think Jeff's gonna like my little idea too much. It's an expensive hobby. . ." And he replied, "You just tell Jeff that the cost of your camera is the cost of just the video cards in his computer." Hmm, good point, but no need. When I discussed it with Jeff (and told him the price, and NO rounding down this time ;) he said all on his own: "Oh it's okay. It's not as expensive as my computer!" Aw. I knew I loved you!

6 comments:

Jessie said...

Yay! I can't wait to see the beauties you take with it!

Emily said...

LUCKY!!!!

arianne said...

oh I am jealous! this is the one I wanted, BUT I didn't have enough mula for it! maybe someday!!! Maybe if I babysit Carter long enough I will be able to buy it!! :)

The Schoonies said...

Very nice!

Jeremy, Andrea & Halle said...

Oh how I have wanted a nice camera too!! Lucky girl, you better take a lot of pics with that thing!

Alissa said...

fantastic! let me just say that a great lens is KEY.

get the Canon 50mm f/1.8 (about $100 - CHEAP!) and you'll be so happy you could kiss someone...